|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2012)|
The Zakir Husain College of Engineering and Technology (ZHCET) is a school affiliated with the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) in Uttar Pradesh, India. It is named after Zakir Hussain, President of India (1967–69), who is an alumnus of AMU and was its Vice-Chancellor from 1948 to 1956. The foundation stone was laid on 21 November 1938.
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Petroleum Studies
- Department of Applied Mathematics
- Department of Applied Chemistry
- Department of Applied Physics
The college has a book bank with over 1,500,000 books and academic journals. The enrolled students can get per-determined textbooks relevant to their course and year issued for one academic year at one-tenth the printed cost of these books. Apart from this, all the departments have the facility of online subscription to desired journals.
|University and college rankings|
|General – International|
|Engineering – India|
The college has been ranked 60 in top 75 Engineering Colleges of India in 2012 by Outlook India.top 75 Engineering colleges of India ,2012It was ranked at 51 in top 100 Engineering Schools of India by Dataquest in 2005.Top 100 T-schools in India,2005
- ↑ Top 400 - The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2011-2012. The Times Higher Education (2011). Retrieved on October 6, 2011.
- ↑ Best Engineering colleges 2012. India Today (8 June 2012). Retrieved on 11 June 2012.
- ↑ Top Engineering Colleges. Outlook India (27 June 2011). Retrieved on 2011-06-22.
- ↑ India's Top Engineering Colleges 2011 (DQ-CMR Top T-Schools Survey 2011). dqindia.ciol.com. Dataquest (13 December 2011). Retrieved on 16 December 2011.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Zakir Hussain College of Engineering and Technology, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.