Youxin Yang, M.D., Ph.D. is an award-winning scientist, screenwriter, director, songwriter, and painter.
Youxin Yang was born in Xuzhou, China. After finishing her medical education in Nanjing, she received her PhD from Paris University VI (Marie Curie University). She was awarded a prize from the Association for the Study of Pediatric Pathology for her work on the WT1 Gene in Denys Drash Syndrome and Diffuse Mesangial Sclerosis (1).
2 Screenwriter and Director
Feuille (Leaf in English), the first feature film by Youxin Yang, won the Remi Platinum Award at the 37th WorldFest Houston International Film Festival (2), Accolade Award (Award of Excellence) (3), and Best Drama at the 2004 New York International Independent Film and video Festival (4).
WorldFest is the oldest independent Film and Video festival in the world (5). According to the Remi winners listed in WorldFest history (6), Youxin Yang was the first Chinese female writer/director/leading actress to win the Remi Platinum Award in 2004. Previously, Luo Yan won the Special Jury Award in 1996 for the film Red Cherry, which was directed by Mr. Ye Ying. Mr. Ang Lee and Mr. Edward Yang are two other Remi Award winning directors from China.
Feuille tells a story of two female artists, a Chinese painter Meihua (Youxin Yang), and a French photographer (Sabine Bail) (7).
Leaf (Musical Version), with new images and a new theme song True Love Has Only One End, written and composed by Dr. Yang herself, won another Remi Gold Award at the 40th WorldFest Houston on April 28, 2007 (8).
She won the Award of Excellence in 2005 Accolade Competition for writing the song Silent Fire for her second feature film Silent Fire (9), which also won Best Score at the 2005 New York International Independent Film Festival (10).
She was a Grand Jury Award winner at the 2005 New York International Art Festival (11).
Her painting Dialogue between History and Modern I was a winner at the 2008 WCA national Featured Member Artist Competition (12).
Her paintings have been featured internationally in solo exhibitions at the Espace Richelieu in Paris, France, L'Essence Art Gallery in Boston, the Cultural Exchange Center in east Boston, USA, and the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese garden in British Columbia, Canada (13).
Articles written by two French art historians, and several Chinese journalists, along with her recent paintings, were collected into a book entitled "Youxin Yang, M.D., Ph.D.: An Artist and Scientist". These collected biographical Chinese articles were from, The European Times, Europe Journal, Modern Family, The Chinese Journal of Youth the Youth References, and World Journal (14).
1. Medicine/sciences 2000, 16: 448-9. Association pour lEtude de la Pathologie Pediatrique (Association declaree par la loi du 1er Juillet 1901 - JO 21 Mai 1970). Les prix 1999 de l'AEPP de 40 000, 20 000 et 10 000 francs ont ete decernes respectivement a :
. Monsieur Vincent Des Portes (service de Neuropediatrie, Hopital Saint-Vincent-de-Paul) pour son travail sur les localisations des genes impliques dans les retards mentaux lies au chromosome X.
. Mademoiselle Youxin Yang (Inserm U. 423, Hopital Necker-Enfants Malades)pour son travail sur le gene WT1 dans le syndrome de Denys-Drash et les scleroses mesangiales diffuses.
. Mademoiselle Nathalie Loos (laboratoire de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine de Nancy) pour son travail sur la detection de l'obstruction bronchique par mesure de l'impedance mecanique respiratoire chez l'enfant.
2. WorldFest - Houston International Film Festival, winners list 2004.
3. Accolade Winners November 2004.
4. The New York International Independent Film and Video Festival, 2004 Festival Awards - Los Angeles September.
5. WorldFest Official Website.
6. The Remi winners.
7. Feuille at the New York Times.
8. WorldFest - Houston International Film Festival, winners list 2007.
9. The Accolade Film Awards, 2005 Awards of Excellence.
10. 2005 Awards - New York November, New York International Independent Film and Video Festival.
11. New York International Art Festival, Grand Jury Award winner 2005.
12. Featured Artist, the National Featured Artist Competition, the Women's Caucus for Art (WCA), USA, 2008.
13. Solo exhibition by Chinese-American artist Youxin Yang. PEACE.
14. Youxin Yang, M.D. Ph.D.: An Artist and Scientist - Google Books.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Youxin Yang, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.