|This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject, rather than references from independent authors and third-party publications. (December 2012)|
Yandex.Tank is a tool for load testing developed by Yandex company. Initially the tool was not in public and was used inside company only but in July 2012 it's been published under LGPL  license, so it's open source now.
The tool uses high performance asynchronous load generator called "phantom" in the most cases, which can generate tens of thousands HTTP-requests per second . Yandex.Tank also can use Apache Jmeter as a load generator for tests with complex logic scenarios.
- Configured with INI-files or with Command line options;
- Built-in ability to monitor resources of server under test via SSH protocol;
- Auto-stop test by configurable criteria, i.e "stop test if server's Response time is higher than user's defined value".
- Open architecture allows expand Yandex.Tank functionality with your own modules.
The tool store test results in text files during run, grouping files into separate test directories. Special module makes console output with tabular data at the same time. There is also local Web server started for every test, showing results in graphical view. Results can be uploaded into Graphite storage, too. They also can be automatically saved on Loadosophia.org service after the end of the test.
- Source code on Github (English)
- Debian repository on LaunchPad (English)
- Documentation on ReadTheDocs (English)
- User's club on Ya.ru (Russian)ru:Яндекс.Танк
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Yandex.Tank, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.