|This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2012)|
Wordbee is a web-based translation platform, also known as a globalization management system (GMS), computer-assisted translation tool, or translation management system (TMS). The system was developed by Wordbee, a translation software company based in Luxembourg. Wordbee is sold as a software as a service/SaaS or site installation.
Wordbee was created in March, 2008 by José Vega and Stephan Böhmig in Luxembourg. Wordbee was launched in the first-generation of cloud solutions in the language technology industry. As a cloud solution, Wordbee combines the traditional features of a TMS with the collaborative nature of a shared online workspace, also known as collaborative translation.
Wordbee is a SaaS (software-as-a-service) solution and proposes fixed, floating and pay-per-use licenses or combinations thereof.
The following is a list of Wordbee capabilities according to the categories defined on the globalization management system (GMS) entry.
Client & Supplier management
- Supplier, client and staff database management
- Pricelist and cost management
- Access rights and roles management
Automated cost management
- Invoicing and financial reporting
- Automated cost/invoice/PO generation
- Automated cost/invoice/PO generation combined with crowdsource techniques
- Invoice tracking
- Online financial/word count modules for customers to track their expenses
- Online financial/word count modules for any freelance translators working for a customer, for review and financial management
- Supplier language service provider companies can manage their suppliers in a customer's Wordbee deployment, fully integrating.
Process Management (Workflows)
Content Management System integration
- Wordbee integrates with any content management system.
Translation setup phase
- Automatic setup for previously translated documents
- Document portal so customers/employees can upload documents for translation
- Job assignment and automatic invoice creation
- Deadline management
- Automated deadline calculation
- Machine translation and post-editing workflows
Crowdsourcing workflows Job Assignment/Acceptance emails generated by Wordbee
Translation work phase
- Online computer-assisted translation tool
- Integrated, official terminology databases
- Glossary/custom terminology databases
- Custom hotkeys stored per user
- Version history
- Document preview, including wysiwyg previews for web files
- Multiple people can work in the same document, at the same time. For example, a translator, a proofreader, and a manager.
- Integrated communications for translation teams
- Comments and issue tracking in real-time, accessible in the document itself
- Teams can maintain glossaries or memories in real-time
Management work phase
- Handoffs between translators and proofreaders automated by Wordbee
- Revised source documents on in-progress translations can be swapped on the go
- CoDyt (Continuous and Dynamic translations) for workflow automation
- Real-time statistics for managers
- Managers can access in-progress documents to answer questions or review translations
- Customers or subject matter experts (SMEs) can access in-progress documents to answer questions or make comments
- Single sign-on (SSO)
- Secure connection (SSL)
- Linguistic resources
- Online, real-time translation memory
- Real-time maintenance of memories and glossaries
- Integrated Terminology databases
- Multilingual and multi-directional translation and project memories
- Global search within all linguistic resources
- Access to online dictionaries
- Import/export formats: TMX, XLS, XLSX, ODS, CSV, TBX
- Document version management at the document or segment levels
- Quality control, scoring and analysis
- Virtual split of large documents into several parts
Supported document formats
Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, ASP, Microsoft.NET resources, Web pages, Code files (c#, Java), Microsoft Office Suite, multilingual Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Open Office, Plain text, PO/POT files, RTF files, TTX files, Web pages, XLIFF files, XML files, XSL files, searchable PDF to Word conversion, … Wordbee also includes a tool to add file formats using regular expression.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Wordbee, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.