| This article has recently been created via Wikipedia:Articles for creation. The reviewer is in the process of closing the request, and this tag should be removed soon.
Beit Gamal (Beit-Jamal; Hebrew: בית ג׳מל) is located 5km south of Beit Shemesh, there is a 18th century church situated in the midst of orchard and crop-fields owned by the Church and run by Salesian monks.
Beit Gamal is the believed burial place of Rabbi (Raban) Gamliel and two of his students. On the spot a fifth century Church was built by the Italian monk Lukianos in honor of Saint Stephan, the first Christian martyr and one of Gamliel's students who was buried with him, according to Christian legend.
The Salesian monastery of Beit Jamal was originally established as an agricultural school in 1881 and later operated as a medical facility until the 1960s, when it was converted to a school for boys.
Near the monastery, but unaffiliated with the Selesian order there is an new building housing a group of nuns that belongs to the Sisters of Bethlehem, of the Assumption of the Virgin and of Saint Bruno. These nuns have taken a vow of silence.
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=VRGsmo7xjykC&pg=PA166&lpg=PA166&dq=beit+jamal+history&source=bl&ots=dRqYAqUiRw&sig=XeSwCywiwgWQJqEq48EZjmpf0xE&hl=en&ei=2NFZTOzUCIOBnQeIgY2CCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAjgK#v=onepage&q=beit%20jamal%20history&f=false
- ↑ http://magazine.eastory.com/news/46/15/The-Bet-Jamal-Monastery/
- ↑ http://www.donbosco-torino.it/ita/Kairos/Santo_del_mese/11-Dicembre/Saint-Stephen_Protomartyr.html
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=bal-AAAAMAAJ&q=%22Beit-jamal%22+history&dq=%22Beit-jamal%22+history&hl=en&ei=9NNZTLydMISjnQeB_ZSTCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAg
- ↑ http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbs=tl:1&q=monastery%20of%20beit%20jamal&sa=X&ei=f9FZTIXLC4TPnAeF9uHcCQ&ved=0CCoQ0AEoADAA
- ↑ http://www.gemsinisrael.com/e_article000006238.htm
- ↑ http://www.triptouch.com/israel/jerusalem/photos/2082
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Beit-Gamal, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.