Wave the Flag (For Old Chicago) is the fight song for the University of Chicago's athletic teams, the Maroons. Gordon Erickson wrote the lyrics in 1929. The tune was adapted from Miami University's "Marching Song" written in 1908 by Raymond H. Burke, a University of Chicago graduate who joined Miami's faculty in 1906.
- Wave the flag of old Chicago,
- Maroon the color grand.
- Ever shall her team be victors
- Known throughout the land.
- With the grand old man to lead them,
- Without a peer they'll stand.
- Wave again the dear old banner,
- For they're heroes ev'ry man.
from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWBE4IfJfP4
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.