|This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2012)|
Vodafone Global Enterprise Limited is a multinational company which provides telecommunications and information technology services to large corporations, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Vodafone Group Plc. It was established in April 2007.
Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE) was established in April 2007 by Vodafone, with the strategic ambition to become a global player in managed communications services for multinational and local enterprises.
On 1 December 2011, it acquired the Reading-based Bluefish Communications Ltd - an ICT consultancy company. The acquired operations will form the nucleus of a new Unified Communications and Collaboration practice within VGE, which will focus on implementing strategies and solutions in cloud computing, and strengthen its professional services offering.
On 23 April 2012, Vodafone announced an agreement to acquire Cable & Wireless Worldwide for £1.04 billion, and on 18 June 2012, Cable & Wireless shareholders voted in favour of the Vodafone offer, exceeding the 75% of shares necessary for the deal to go ahead. The acquisition will give Vodafone access to CWW's fibre network for businesses, enabling it to take unified communications solutions to large enterprises in UK and globally; and expand its enterprise integration service offerings in emerging markets.
Vodafone Global Enterprise has operations in around 65 countries. It is organised into the following geographical divisions:
- Northern Europe (headquartered in London, United Kingdom)
- Central Europe
- Southern Europe and Africa
- Asia Pacific & Sub-Saharan Africa (based in Singapore)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bloomberg Business week - Company Overview of Vodafone Global Enterprise. Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Vodafone Global Enterprise profile - LinkedIn. LinkedIn. Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Vodafone Group Plc VOD Launch of Standard Global Ser. Bloomberg (18 March 2009). Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ VODAFONE (LSE: VOD.L - NEWS) ACQUIRES BLUEFISH COMMUNICATIONS. Yahoo (01 December 2011). Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ Vodafone acquires Bluefish Communications. Bloomberg (01 December 2011). Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ Vodafone Group's Vodafone Global Enterprise Acquires Bluefish Communications. RTT (01 December 2011). Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ Vodafone Buys C&W Worldwide For GBP1.04B. WSJ (23 April 2012). Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ Vodafone agrees to buy C&W Worldwide for $1.7 billion. Reuters (23 April 2012). Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ Vodafone One Step Closer To Completing Deal After CWW Shareholder Approval
- ↑ Vodafone Gets Approval for C&W Bid as Orbis Drops Opposition
- ↑ Vodafone agrees £1bn takeover of C&W Worldwide. BBC (23 April 2012). Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ Vodafone buys Cable & Wireless for enterprise boost. ZDNET (23 April 2012). Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ Vodafone Agrees to Buy Cable & Wireless for $1.7 Billion. Bloomberg (23 April 2012). Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ Vodafone Global Enterprise - Management Team. Vodafone. Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
- ↑ Vodafone: APAC is one of fastest-growing markets. ZDNET (23 September 2010). Retrieved on 09 June 2012.
|Subsidiaries and divisions|
|Products and services|
|Major information technology companies|
| Consulting and|
| Personal computers|
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Vodafone Global Enterprise, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.