Vermaletta is an American Alternative Metal outfit formed in 2009. Through a short span of time, the group has slowly been gaining popularity, with fans spreading as far as Poland listening to their music, and have gained popularity as the headline act of Ruben S. Ayala High School's Key Club Acoustic Show in 2013, as well as having performed there in 2012.
Early Years (2009-2010, Break-Up)
Formed in 2009 by Vocalist/Bassist Jose Curiel and Guitarist Chadi Gholam, Vermaletta was originally a group of friends who would just jam, and never really focused on being a musical group. Original guitarist Chadi Gholam was having a conversation with a drunk uncle who said the name Vermaletta, the band thought it sounded cool & it stuck. Joined by Guitarist Nigel Reed and Drummer Jace Millan, the foursome often jammed at Nigel's Second House until Reed moved in early 2010 to San Diego, and Gholam to Mira Loma soon after. Millan basically gave up on the project, and Vermaletta was dead.
Reunion Under New Line-Up (2012-Present)
It was two years later, in 2012, when Curiel was talking with friends about playing a show as a group, and maybe forming a real group after. Curiel, joined by Vocalist Kevin Anderson and Vocalist/Guitarist Jayvee Martir reformed as Vermaletta for a show, and after were joined by Drummer Jimmy Yu and soon after were joined by Guitarist Christopher Goble. The group practiced often during lunch at their school, and soon earned a spot in another show, but a week before the show, Goble quit the group, leaving Vermaletta as a foursome once again. After the show, Vermaletta added Singer/Keyboardist Heaven McGverra, making Vermaletta a 5-Piece group once again. Later on in 2012, in August, Guitarist/Vocalist John Grunder joined Vermaletta, making Vermaletta a 6-piece group for the first time. Their 4-some rough demo "Lifeline" was released on August 18th 2012, featuring portions of 4 original songs. Grunder chose to leave the group soon after, in October 2012 due to scheduling issues, but agreed with the band if needed, he would return. Vermaletta has since been at work on writing and recording an EP.
Vermaletta has been known to play many covers at their shows, often starting the show with a cover, and ending the show with another cover. During live performances, they've been known to perform covers of songs by bands such as Katy Perry, Nickelback, and Justin Bieber.
- Jose Cereal – Vocals, Bass Guitar, Lyrics, Music, Listens to Katy Perry while eating cereal (2009–present)
- Kevin (The Grinch) Anderson – Vocals, Guitars, Lyrics, Stealing Christmas Presents (2012–present)
- Jayvee (Small Penis) Martir – Vocals, Guitars, Music. Working the shaft (2012–present)
- Jimmy Yu Crank that Soulja Boy – Drums, Percussion, Doing the Superman (2012–present)
- Stairway to Heaven Gonzalez – Guitars, Keyboards/Piano, Vocals, Climbing Stairs (2012–present)
- Chadi Gholam – Guitars (2009–2010)
- Nigel Reed – Guitars (2009–2010)
- Jace Millan – Drums, Percussion (2009–2010)
- Chris Goble – Guitars (2012)
- John Grunder – Guitars, Music (2012)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Vermaletta, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.