UFC 73: Stacked was a mixed martial arts (MMA) event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). It took place on July 7, 2007 at the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, California and featured a total of nine bouts: four on the preliminary card and five on the main card. 
In the main event, Anderson Silva put his UFC Middleweight Championship belt on the line against Nate Marquardt. The card's other championship match had Sean Sherk defending his UFC Lightweight Championship belt against Hermes Franca.
Jason Gilliam was the third choice for Chris Lytle's opponent. Originally scheduled to compete was Jeff Joslin, who withdrew due to a training injury. His replacement, Drew Fickett, also withdrew later due to injury.
Jorge Gurgel was initially reported to be facing future WEC Lightweight Champion Jamie Varner at this event, but Varner was later moved to the WEC for a planned match at WEC 27. Gurgel would instead fight Diego Saraiva on this card.
- Edgar defeated Bocek via TKO (strikes) at 4:55 of round 1.
- Lytle defeated Gilliam via submission (triangle choke/armbar) at 2:15 of round 1.
- Gurgel defeated Saraiva via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Bonnar defeated Nickels via submission (rear naked choke) at 2:14 of round 1.
- Florian defeated Robinson via TKO (strikes) at 4:30 of round 1. This fight was delayed until after the main event due to time constraints.
- Nogueira defeated Herring via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- Evans and Ortiz fought to a unanimous draw (28–28, 28–28, 28–28). Ortiz was deducted one point in the second round for repeatedly grabbing the fence.
- Sherk defeated Franca via unanimous decision (50–45, 50–45, 49–46). The California State Athletic Commission later announced that both fighters tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. Sherk was eventually stripped of the title.
- Silva defeated Marquardt via TKO (punches) at 4:50 of round 1.
After the event's conclusion, the UFC awarded $40,000 to each of the fighters who receive one of these three awards.
- Knockout of the Night: Anderson Silva
- Submission of the Night: Chris Lytle
Purse amounts were provided by the California State Athletic Commission, and include amounts for show and win. The figures do not include any undisclosed bonuses:
- Anderson Silva – $90,000 ($45,000 + $45,000 win bonus) def. Nate Marquardt – $24,000
- Sean Sherk – $28,000 ($14,000 + $14,000 win bonus) def. Hermes Franca – $14,000
- Tito Ortiz – $210,000 draw with Rashad Evans – $16,000
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira – $200,000 ($100,000 + $100,000 win bonus) def. Heath Herring – $70,000
- Kenny Florian – $16,000 ($8,000 + $8,000 win bonus) def. Alvin Robinson – $3,000
- Stephan Bonnar – $32,000 ($16,000 + $16,000 win bonus) def. Mike Nickels – $5,000
- Chris Lytle – $20,000 ($10,000 + $10,000 win bonus) def. Jason Gilliam – $3,000
- Jorge Gurgel – $14,000 ($7,000 + $7,000 win bonus) def. Diego Saraiva – $3,000
- Frank Edgar – $10,000 ($5,000 + $5,000 win bonus) def. Mark Bocek – $3,000
Total disclosed payroll: $761,000
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Pishna, Ken (2007-07-09). UFC 73 Salaries and Attendance figures. MMAWeekly. Retrieved on 2008-07-08.
- ↑ UFC 73: Stacked. UFC. Retrieved on 2008-07-08.
- ↑ Bodog Beat News Ticker (2007-05-22). MMA News: Joslin Out, Fickett In to Fight Lytle at UFC 73. BodogBeat.com. Retrieved on 2007-07-09.
- ↑ UFC 73: Gilliam Replaces Injured Fickett. Sherdog.com (June 29, 2007). Retrieved on 2007-07-06.
- ↑ Card Updates: Gurgel Not Fighting Varner; Hazelett Fighting at UFC 72. MMAFrenzy (April 25, 2007). Retrieved on 2011-11-02.
- ↑ Gerbasi, Thomas (2007-07-08). Silva, Sherk Successfully Defend Titles at UFC 73; Ortiz foul costs him win. UFC. Retrieved on 2008-07-08.
- ↑ Iole, Kevin (2007-07-19). MMA needs to address steroids problem. Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved on 2007-07-24.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article UFC 73, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.