UFC 6: Clash of the Titans was the sixth mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on July 14, 1995, at the Casper Events Center in Casper, Wyoming. The event was seen live on pay per view in the United States, and later released on home video.
UFC 6 featured the crowning of the first UFC Champion to win the title in a non-tournament format. The champion would be the winner of a special match called 'The Superfight', which continued from UFC 5 as there was no official winner in the previous Superfight.  UFC 6 also featured an eight-man tournament, and two alternate fights which were not shown on the live pay-per-view broadcast. The tournament had no weight classes, or weight limits. Each match had no rounds; therefore no judges were used for the night. A 20 minute time limit was imposed for the quarterfinal and semi-final round matches in the tournament. The finals of the tournament and the Superfight had a 30 minute time limit and, if necessary, a five minute overtime.
This event continued the Superfight format from UFC 5 to determine the reigning UFC champion for tournament winners to face. Ken Shamrock remained in the spot and his opponent was UFC 5 champion Dan Severn in a championship match dubbed as "The Clash of the Titans".
- Sutton defeated McGlaughlin via submission (punches) at 2:01.
- Anthony Macias vs. He-Man Gipson
- Macias defeated Gipson via submission (punches) at 3:06.
- Abbott defeated Matua via KO (punch) at 0:18.
- Varelans defeated Worsham via KO (elbow) at 1:04.
- Patrick Smith vs. Rudyard Moncayo
- Smith defeated Moncayo via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:08. After the fight, Smith withdrew from the tournament, complaining of stomach cramps.
- Taktarov defeated Beneteau via submission (front choke) at 0:57.
- Abbott defeated Varelans via TKO (punches) at 1:51.
- Taktarov defeated Macias via submission (guillotine choke) at 0:09. Macias replaced Patrick Smith, who could not continue due to stomach cramps. It is widely believed that this fight was fixed. The same man represented both fighters but chose to stand in Taktarov's corner; Macias ran into a guillotine and tapped as he hit the canvas. For the rest of the fight chants of "fake" could be heard by the crowd.
- Taktarov defeated Abbott via submission (rear naked choke) at 17:47 to win the UFC 6 Tournament.
- Shamrock defeated Severn via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:14 to become the first UFC Superfight Champion.
UFC 6 Bracket
- ↑ http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dd-shamrockmoments092908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Meltzer, Dave (April 8th, 2009). Relive UFC 6: Clash of the Titans. Sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved on April 8th, 2009.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article UFC 6, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.