|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for events. (May 2012)|
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (May 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
UFC 4: Revenge of the Warriors was a mixed martial arts (MMA) event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on December 16, 1994, at the Expo Center Pavilion in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The event was seen live on pay-per-view, and later released on home video.
UFC 4 used an eight-man tournament format, with the winner receiving $64,000. The event also featured three alternate fights. All seven tournament fights were shown on the live pay-per-view broadcast, as well as the Jason Fairn vs. Guy Mezger alternate fight.
The tournament had no weight classes or weight limits. Each match had no time limit or rounds, therefore no judges were used for the night. The referee for the night was "Big" John McCarthy. Royce Gracie won the event by defeating Dan Severn with a triangle choke. The card also featured the notorious fight between Keith Hackney and Joe Son; Hackney won via submission after landing a series of unanswered strikes to the groin of Joe Son.
Play-by-play announcer Bruce Beck and color commentator Jeff Blatnick were paired together for the first time on the pay-per-view and became the regular commentary team on UFC broadcasts up to and including UFC 15. They were joined by regular contributor Jim Brown.
- Joe Charles vs. Kevin Rosier
- Charles defeated Rosier via submission (armbar) at 0:14.
- Bossett defeated Xavier via KO at 4:55.
- Guy Mezger vs. Jason Fairn
- Mezger defeated Fairn via TKO (corner stoppage) at 2:13.
- Gracie defeated Van Clief via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:49.
- Hackney defeated Son via submission (choke) at 2:44, after Groin strikes
- Melton Bowen vs. Steve Jennum
- Jennum defeated Bowen via submission (armlock) at 4:47.
- Severn defeated Macias via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:45.
- Gracie defeated Hackney via submission (armlock) at 5:34.
- Dan Severn vs. Marcus Bossett
- Severn defeated Bossett via submission (arm triangle choke) at 0:52. Bossett replaced Steve Jennum.
- Gracie defeated Severn via submission (triangle choke) at 15:49 to win the UFC 4 Tournament.
UFC 4 bracket
|Ron van Clief||3:59|
1Steve Jennum was forced to withdraw due to injury. He was replaced by Marcus Bossett.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article UFC 4, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.