UFC 35: Throwdown was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut on January 11, 2002. The event was seen live on pay per view in the United States, and later released on home video.
Despite a number of fighters suffering from such symptoms as diarrhea, dehydration, hallucinations, and vomiting, the event proceeded as planned.
Shonie Carter was originally scheduled to face Gil Castillo at this event, but was pulled due to outside contractual obligations with another promotion. Chris Brennan stepped in as his replacement.
Shortly after this event, Jens Pulver would leave UFC due to a contract dispute.
- Jackson wins by submission (guillotine choke) at 1:14 of the second round.
- Castillo wins by unanimous decision at 15:00.
- Randleman wins by unanimous decision at 15:00.
- Semenov wins by TKO at 1:59 of the second round.
- Liddell wins by unanimous decision at 15:00.
- Rodriguez wins by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 3:00 of the third round.
- Bustamante wins by TKO at :42 of the second round to become the new UFC Middleweight champion.
- Pulver retains the Lightweight Championship belt by majority decision at 25:00. Shortly after, Pulver would leave the UFC due to contract dispute.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article UFC 35, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.