|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for events. (May 2012)|
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (May 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
The event was the third UFC event to be held in Japan. UFC 25 was headlined by a fight between Tito Ortiz and Wanderlei Silva, held to determine the new Light Heavyweight Champion following Frank Shamrock's retirement from the UFC. The Octagon announcer was local Sanshiro Matuyama instead of the regular Bruce Buffer.
The event featured the first UFC appearance of future UFC Middleweight Champion Murilo Bustamante, as well as future PRIDE fighter Ikuhisa Minowa. This event also contained an interview with John Perretti, the UFC matchmaker prior to his replacement, the famous Dana White.
UFC 25 was initially seen live on pay-per-view. Many years later, UFC 25 was finally released as part of a DVD collection (UFC 21–30).
- Clark wins by majority decision at 15:00.
- Minowa wins by TKO (referee stoppage due to cut) at 1:54 of the third round.
- Waterman wins by unanimous decision at 15:00.
- Kikuta wins by submission (armbar) at 4:39 of the first round.
- Bustamante wins by submission (arm triangle choke) at 0:31 of the second round.
- Ortiz wins by unanimous decision at 25:00.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article UFC 25, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.