Twilight is an American black metal band formed in 2005 and originally commissioned by the Swedish underground label Total Holocaust Records. Members of the band all go by pseudonyms: "Azentrius" (real name Blake Judd), "Hildolf" (real name Tim Lehi), "Imperial" (real name Neill Jameson), "Malefic" (real name Scott Conner) and "Wrest" (real name Jef Whitehead).
Although Twilight has so far released two albums and have not performed in public, they have been described as a "supergroup" of sorts on the American black metal underground. The band members have, namely, gained their recognition with such outfits as Draugar, Krieg, Leviathan, Nachtmystium and Xasthur. The first album was "recorded on four-track cassettes sent back and forth through the mail by the five members" and "captures the myriad sonic idiosyncrasies of the individual players, from Xasthur’s charred synth ambience and Leviathan’s expert d-drum patterns to Draugar’s cavernous vocals and Nachtmystium’s ruthless guitar torture".
An announcement was made that Twilight disbanded. Battle Kommand Records had previously issued a statement that writing for a second album had begun in 2006 and that recordings commenced in the Spring of 2007, but no release date was ever announced. Malefic left the band in 2007 and was supposed to be replaced by Aaron Turner (of Isis and Old Man Gloom).
In 2009 Twilight reformed with original members Blake Judd (having dropped the "Azentrius" alias), Imperial (now called "N. Imperial"), and Wrest (referred to simply as "W.") joined by new members Sanford Parker, Aaron Turner, and Stavros Giannopolous (along with guest Robert Lowe of Lichens) to record a new album called Monument to Time End, recorded in 2009 and released in 2010 by Southern Lord Records.
- Wrest (Jef Whitehead) – drums, guitar, bass, synthesizer and E-bow (Leviathan, Lurker Of Chalice)
- Blake Judd (formerly known as Azentrius) – guitar, bass, and vocals (Nachtmystium)
- Imperial (Neill Jameson) – vocals and bass (Krieg, N.I.L.)
- Sanford Parker – guitars, synths, production (Minsk, Nachtmystium, Buried At Sea)
- Stavros Giannopolous – guitars (The Atlas Moth)
- Aaron Turner – guitar and vocals (Isis, Old Man Gloom, House of Low Culture, Lotus Eaters, Jodis)
- Thurston Moore – guitar (Sonic Youth, Chelsea Light Moving)
- Malefic (Scott Conner) – guitar, synthesizer and vocals (also see: Xasthur)
- Hildolf (Tim Lehi) – Vocals, guitar (Draugar)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Twilight (band), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.