|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (December 2012)|
|This article may contain original research. (December 2012)|
|The truthfulness of this article or section has been questioned. (December 2012)|
Travis Doucette (born October 1, 1981) is originally from Barrie, Ontario, Canada. He grew up attending Bethel Community Church where he founded an inter-denominational night of worship called "Cutting Edge Praise" in 1999. While earning his bachelors degree in theology at Emmanuel Bible College, Doucette served on staff at Harvest Bible Chapels, both in Barrie and Oakville as interim music director and worship pastor.
Today Doucette lives in Lynchburg, Virginia, USA where he is an Instructor of Worship Studies, Music Theory and Songwriting at Liberty University's Center for Worship In addition, Doucette is also a staff member at Thomas Road Baptist Church where he oversees song acquisition and promotion for Red Tie Music, the music publishing arm of Thomas Road Baptist Church and Liberty University.
Doucette is best known for composing the #1 praise and worship song, “God of the Ages” which ranked as the # 2 song of the year on the Inspirational chart in 2009. Some of Doucettes’ other well-known songs include “Defender (Call Upon the Name)”, “Bless the Lord”, “Give Love Away”, “For Sinners Slain”, “Beautiful Emmanuel” and “There Is No One Like You”. Doucette co-wrote many of the songs on Canadian worship artist, Jody Cross’ album, “Rekindle” which won a GMA Canada Covenant Award for “Praise and Worship Album of the Year” in 2006.. Currently Doucette is a staff songwriter with Red Tie Music.
- Jody Cross: “Rekindle” (Musician, songwriter and singer)
- Exodus: “Give Love Away” (Musician, songwriter and singer)
- Exodus: “Running to You” (Songwriter)
- Charles Billingsley: “God of the Ages” (Songwriter)
- Justin Kintzel: “You Saved Me” (Songwriter)
- Prestonwood Baptist Church: "You Reign" (Songwriter)
- Women of Joy Live!: "Weekend of Praise" (Songwriter)
Prior to working for Liberty University, Doucette travelled with worship band, “Exodus” for nearly four years. Many of his compositions can be heard on the Exodus album, “Give Love Away”.
Doucette holds four degrees (B.Th., B.S., M.A., M.Div.): Two bachelor degrees, one in theology, the other in music and two masters degrees, one in worship studies, the other in divinity (Professional Studies). He is an alumnus of Emmanuel Bible College in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia where he presently works as an adjunct instructor. Doucette is currently working on a post-graduate degree, a [Doctor of Ministry] (D.Min.) with an emphasis in Worship Studies.
- ↑ Emmanuel Bible College
- ↑ Harvest Bible Chapel
- ↑ Center for Worship.
- ↑ Sarah Blanzy: Graduate student's song climbs Billboard chart, News Article - Liberty University, 09/04/2009
- ↑ RadioAndRecords.com's SOFT AC/INSPIRATIONAL RECURRENT CHART
- ↑ GMA Canada 2006 Covenant Award Winners
- ↑ Travis Doucette. Writers. Red Tie Music. Retrieved on January 2, 2013.
- ↑ You Reign (2010) - Presontwood Choir
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Travis Doucette, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.