|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2008)|
The Giz Wiz (formerly known as Weekly Daily Giz Wiz and Daily Giz Wiz) is a weekly Podcast featuring Dick DeBartolo and Leo Laporte and is part of the TWiT.tv Network. It is a short discussion about three gadgets, a random item, and a pick from the "Gadget Warehouse." A shorter version of The Giz Wiz (formerly The Daily Giz Wiz) also appears on Laporte's syndicated radio show The Tech Guy. It celebrated its 600th episode on the 20th June 2008. "The Giz Wiz" was renamed to represent new show and format of the weekly podcast.
Each episode of the Daily Giz Wiz started out with a gadget. The reviewer depends on the day.
- Monday: Dick DeBartolo
- Tuesday: (Turn The Table Tuesday) Leo Laporte
- Wednesday: (Theme-Free Wednesday) Dick DeBartolo
- Thursday: Dick DeBartolo
- Friday: Gadget Warehouse Friday: Dick DeBartolo
All have been retired due to the new format.
The show has several jingles and songs it uses to indicate different sections or events, including (First aired in brackets):
- Opening Theme by Mark Blasco at PodcastThemes.com (Episode 1 on February 20 2006)
- Closing Jingle (Episode 116 on July 31 2006)
- Monday Theme (Episode 566 on May 12 2008) by Dan Lueders with Dane Del Principe on lead guitar
- Turn the Tables Tuesday (Episode 307 on May 9 2007) by George Wood
- Theme Free Wednesday (Episode 533 on March 26 2008) by Dan Lueders with John Carlson on saxophone (first played as a Giz Wiz Letter in episode 528)
- Rock Out Thursday Theme (Episode 604 on July 3 2008) (aka, Another Crappy Theme) by Dan Lueders with Jimmy Riley on lead guitar and backing vocals
- Gadget Warehouse Friday (Episode 415 on October 5 2007) by George Wood and Paul Minshall
- Show Free Saturday (Not used in actual episodes) by Dan Lueders
- Sleepin' in Sunday (Not used in actual episodes)
- Giz Wiz Letters (Episode 166 on October 9 2006)
- Festive Letters Jingle (starts the first Monday of November, ends at new year) by George Wood
- The Liability Jingle
- Dick's On Hold
- Waiting for Dick to get a UPS delivery
- Audible Jingle, first appearance on episode 696
- The Titamium Spork by Dan Lueders
- DGW-The Disclamer by Dan Lueders
- The DGW "Celebrity" Letters Jingles by Dan Lueders
Most have been retired due to the new format.
Dick usually finishes with his signature line, "I'll be here".
DeBartolo appears as a monthly guest of Computer America, heard in New York, Boston and 28 other markets, plus streaming on the Internet. He also has a periodic "gadget" segment on ABC World News Now.
600th Show special
The 600th episode was recorded on Friday the 20th of June 2008. Dick travelled from NYC to Petaluma to do the show with Leo, which aired on 27 June 2008. The gadget featured was "Fred Lanes" third hand.
- Official site
- DeBartolo's site
- The Daily Giz Wiz search tool
- The Daily Giz Wiz blog thing
- The Daily Giz Wiz Book Picks
- Dan Lueders Official site
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other internet publication could benefit from further information. You can help us by expanding it.|
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article The Giz Wiz, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.