|This article may need to be wikified to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Please help by adding relevant internal links, or by improving the article's layout. (June 2011)|
As of July 2005, the Art Attack is an official non-profit organization with the state of Minnesota. The Art Attack's mission statement reads :
- The mission of The Art Attack is to create and expand educational and promotional opportunities for artists. We pursue this mission by providing a variety of offline and Internet based resources, services, and workshops including mentorship programs, gallery exhibitions, informational directories, etc. All of these are coordinated by an Internet based community portal. We serve visual artists of all skill levels, media, and subject matter as well as all economic and cultural backgrounds. In pursuing our mission, the Art Attack supports the growth of artists, and thus the appreciation for the arts and the arts community.
The current board of directors:
- President: Joe Lipscomb
- Vice-President: Charles Denton
- Secretary/Treasurer: Tina Barthold
Current key staff members include:
- Executive Director: Blaine Garrett
- Programs Director: Jill Lipski
The Art Attack has undertaken a number of projects to benefit the art community:
- Open Source Art Text (In progress): GPL art "manual" contributed to by teachers and professionals to serve as a classroom text or general reference for artists.
- The Art Attack Online: Web based learning center and community for artists
- Guerilla Art: Using flyering techniques to spread art and turn the community into a gallery.
- Student Group: University of Minnesota student group for artists and campus art
- Gallery Exhibitions
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article The Art Attack, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.