Tears of a Tiger is a fiction novel written by Sharon M. Draper. It's the first book in the Hazelwood High Trilogy. It depicts the story of a seventeen-year-old African American boy named Andy Jackson, who feels deeply guilty for inadvertently causing his best friend Rob Washington's death through drunk driving.
- Andrew 'Andy' Jackson: A seventeeen year old boy (main character) that feels major guilt for the fatal car accident for which he was responsible
- Robert 'Rob' Washington : One of Andy's best friends who is killed in the car accident
- Monty : Andy's six year old brother who looks up to Andy and gets advice from him throughout the story
- B.J. Carson : One of Andy's close friends who becomes deeply religious after the death of Robbie
- Dr. Carrothers : Andy's psychologist.
- Keisha Montgomery : Andy's girlfriend, who looks out for him after Robbie 's death
- Tyrone Mills : Andy's close friend, who was drinking with them the night of the accident
- Coach Ripley : The basketball coach at Hazelwood High, who looks out for Andy after Robbie's death
- Rhonda Jeffries- Tyrone's girlfriend and Keisha's best friend
- Gerald Nicklbey- another one of Andy's friends from the Hazelwood basketball team
Robert Washington, Andy Jackson, Tyrone Mills, and B.J. Carson go out drinking after winning a high school basketball game. Andy is driving and drinking and crashes into a wall resulting in the death of Robert. Andy feels responsible for Robert's death, and begins visiting a psychologist named Dr. Carrothers to work through his guilt. Meanwhile, Andy begins having visions of Robert in his sleep, in which Robert blames Andy for his death. Later on, Andy becomes so guilty that he pushes away from not only himself, but also his girlfriend Keisha Montgomery. Subsequently Keisha and Andy break up. His guilt and depression were at an all time low, so Andy decides to end his life. His classmates write letters to him, heartbroken that they have suffered yet another loss.
- Sharon M. Draper
- Romiette and Julio
- We Beat the Street
- Forged by Fire
- Out of My Mind (Draper novel)
- Copper Sun
- Double Dutch (novel)
- The Battle of Jericho (book)
- November Blues
- Darkness Before Dawn
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Tears of a Tiger(novel), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Author(s): Lixxx235 Search for "Tears of a Tiger(novel)" on Google