|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (September 2011)|
Stanley Inye Lawson was born on the 10th of March 1958 in Abonnema, Rivers State, Nigeria. He has a multi-disciplinary academic achievement and cognate work experience spanning over 28 years in both Banking and Finance industry and Oil and gas industry. He is presently the Managing Partner of Financial Advisory and Investment Consultants – A company established specifically to offer financial advisory services to the oil industry.
Lawson obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Geology from the University of Port Harcourt in 1981. After his National Youth Service, Mr. Lawson worked with Zenith Shipping and Petroleum Company Limited from 1982 to 1984. In 1985, he obtained an M.Sc in Petroleum Geology from the University of Ibadan.
He continued at the University of Ibadan in 1987 and obtained an MBA in Finance and Accounting and later joined AVC Funds Limited. He was the overall best graduating student at the university at the that same year.
Lawson started his professional career as a Resident Geologist/Drilling Engineer. He later joined the Banking/Finance industry where he spent over 17 years holding several top management positions cutting across Operations, Treasury, Credit and marketing and Risk Management and finally exiting the industry as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of African Express Bank Plc from 2003 to 2004.
In 1987, Mr. Lawson joined AVC Funds Limited Ikoyi, Lagos as an investment analyst from where he was seconded to Pan African Bank Limited as Head, International Operations/Treasury. He returned to All States Trust Bank Limited in 1990 and again got seconded to TMC Savings & Loans Limited (Mortgage Bankers) as Managing Director from 1991 to 1996. He finally returned to All States Trust Bank Plc in 1996, where he served in various capacities and rose to the position of General Manager and later as an Executive Director.
In December 2004, he returned to the Oil and gas industry as the Group Executive Director Finance and Accounts of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) overseeing the funding, budgeting and cash flow planning of the Corporation in particular and the Oil industry in general. He has interest and expertise in alternative funding and the accounting for crude and products flow. With that, Lawson led the team that raised a total of over six billion US Dollars in alternative funding for the oil industry between 2007 and 2009.
He has attended several international leadership and management courses including amongst others the Program For Executives of the Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, the Program For Executives in the Oil and Gas industry of the Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University Dallas, the Program for Corporate Leaders of the Harvard Business School Boston and the Senior Management Program of the Wharton University.
In June 2011, Lawson alongside President Jonathan's wife Dame Patience Jonathan and three others were given an honourary doctorate degree in recognition of their quality contributions to national development and service to humanity.
The place of Ring-Fencing: An innovative Structured Finance Tool.
JV Cash Calls & Alternative Funding.
He is married to Ubile Lawson and they have four children.
- "Major Changes in NNPC Top Management"
- "African Pretroleum"
- "The website of Gulf of Guinea Petroleum consulting"
- "Stallion Property & Development Company Limited (SPDC)"
- ↑ "Boards Of Banks In Nigeria Pre-Consolidation", CBN, 2008
- ↑ "African Petroleum Plc (AP.LG)", Reuters
- ↑ Mike Oduniyi And Ayodele Aminu, "Bank Md Bags Top NNPC Post", Allafrica.com, 23 December 2004
- ↑ Hamisu Muhammad, "FG fails 2010 oil targets despite amnesty, loans", Daily Trust, 13 January 2011
- ↑ ", CBN website
- ↑ ", Communications week, 21 June 2010
- ↑ Nnamdi Uzoukwu, "16 Students Make First Class in Uniport… Dame Patience Jonathan, 4 others to be Conferred Honorary Doctorate Degree", City Times Port Harcourt, 16 June 2011
- ↑ Bisi Olaniyi, "Nigeria will soon be one of the developed countries in the world - President Jonathan", The Nation, 19 June 2011
- ↑ "The place of Ring-Fencing: An innovative Structured Finance Tool.", NEITI Workshop, February 2005
- ↑ "JV Cash Calls & Alternative Funding", NEITI Workshop, 28 July 2005
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Stanley Lawson, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.