|This article needs improvement which may include extra references, copyediting and updating.|
|South Coastal Railway|
దక్షిణ కోస్తా రైల్వే
दक्षिण तट रेल्वे
System map</br>18-South Coastal Railway</br>250px
|Dates of operation||to be proposed –|
|Predecessor||Bengal Nagpur Railway, Nizam's Guaranteed State Railway, Hyderabad-Godavari Valley Railway, Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, North Eastern Railway, East Coast Railway, South Central Railway|
|Track gauge||Broad gauge|
The South Coastal Railway is one of the 18 zones of Indian Railways. The South Coastal Railway Zone covers Andhra Pradesh and some parts of Orissa and Chattisgarh. It has a length of 3500KM rail route. The South Coastal Railway Zone consists of Waltair, Vijayawada, Guntur and Guntakal divisions.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
South Coastal serves Visakhapatnam Sea Port and Kakinada sea port. It is a Major freight carrier for Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, R.I.N.L., N.M.D.C., N.A.L.C.O., I.O.C., B.P.C.L., H.P.C.L.. It transports coal to Seaports and Power plants like VTPS and NTPC from Talcher and Mahanadi Coal fields. Most number passenger trains passes through the Vijayawada and Guntur railway division. Waltair railway division being highest freight earner. Vijayawada railway division highest passenger earner.
Major Routes of South Coastal Railway
- Koraput-Damanjodi-Rayagada line
- Kirandul-Jagdalpur-Koraput-Araku-Kothavalasa line
- Rayagada-Parvathipuram-Bobbili-Vizianagaram-Kothavalasa-Visakhapatnam of Jharsuguda-Vizianagaram line
- Bobbili-Salur line
- Brahmapur-Palasa-Naupada-Vizianagaram of Khurda Road-Visakhapatnam section
- Visakhapatnam-Samalkot-Rajahmundry-Nidadavolu-Vijayawada-Tenali-Gudur of Howrah-Chennai main line
- Nidadavolu-Bhimavaram-Gudivada-Vijayawada / Narsapur-Bhimavaram / Machilipatnam - Gudivada
- Samalkot-Kakinada Port line
- Kakinada-Kotipalli line
- Vijayawada-Kondapalli of Vijayawada-Kazipet line
- Gudur-Renigunta-Bommasamudram / Renigunta-Tirupati-Chittoor-Bommasamudram
- Repalle-Tenali-Guntur-Nadikude-Nagireddipalle of Repalle-Secunderabad line
Major Railway Stations
'A' Category Stations
- Visakhapatnam railway station
- Kakinada railway station
- Rajahmundry railway station
- Eluru railway station
- Vijayawada railway station
- Tenali railway station
- Ongole railway station
- Nellore railway station
- Guntur railway station
- Guntakal railway station
- Tirupati railway station 
The South Coastal Railway Zone consists of Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Gooty and Guntakal loco sides. Visakhapatnam being largest diesel loco shed in our Country with 206 locos.
It also consists of 167 Electric locos. Vijayawada diesel loco shed consisting of 41 diesel locos. Vijayawada electric loco shed consists of 200 locos. Gooty loco shed consists of 182 diesel locos.
Wagon Work Shop is present in Rayanapadu. Coach Work Shop is present in Tirupati. ROH depots for Wagon maintenance are present at Vijayawada and Gooty. Coaching maintenance depots at Vijayawada, Tirupati, Guntur, Kakinada, Narsapur, Guntakal and Machilipatnam.
- ↑ new railway zone – a profile. Retrieved on 2014-06-15.
- ↑ Vijayawada Division – a profile. Indian Railways. Retrieved on 2014-06-15.
- ↑ Visakhapatnam diesel loco shed. Retrieved on 2014-06-16.
- ↑ Visakhapatnam electric loco shed frequency increase. Retrieved on 2014-06-16.
- ↑ Vijayawada diesel loco shed. Retrieved on 2014-06-16.
- ↑ Vijayawada electric loco shed. Retrieved on 2014-06-16.
- ↑ gooty diesel loco shed. Retrieved on 2014-06-17.
- ↑ Coaching and Maintenance depots. Retrieved on 2014-06-18.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article South Coastal Railway Zone, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.