SmartDefrag, developed by IObit, is a free defragmentation utility, which allows users to defragment individual files on their computer system. Defraggler runs on Microsoft Windows; it has support for all versions since Windows 2000. It includes support for both IA-32 and x64 versions of these operating systems.
SmartDefrag can defragment an entire disk partition, either by the user's command, automatically on a schedule or in background and at boot time.[unreliable source?] It has three manual defragmentation modes: straight defragmentation (fastest), fast and "deep" optimization.
Can also start at boot time to keep selected volumes constantly defragmented, in a way similar to Diskeeper's "set it and forget it"; it can be set to start auto defrag only when the system is idle, allowing even to stop activity when resource usage rise above a set level.
- ↑ Download SmartDefrag. CNET. Retrieved on June 20, 2012.
- ↑ Best Free Disk Defragmenter: Smart Defrag. Tips and Freeware (March 21, 2012). Retrieved on June 21, 2012.
- ↑ Update Smart Defrag! Speed! Multitask! ZOOM!. MuskegoPatch (May 15, 2012). Retrieved on June 21, 2012.
- ↑ Five Best Disk Defragmentation Tools. Life Hacker. Gawker Media (October 30, 2011). Retrieved on June 21, 2012.
- ↑ Smart Defrag – Free Disk Defragmenter. TechMixer. Retrieved on June 21, 2012.
- ↑ Smart Defrag - CNET Download.com. Retrieved on June 20, 2012.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article SmartDefrag, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.