Founded in 2006, the company is based in Liverpool, England. The company administers the works of over 12000 artists/writers in the UK and around the world . Sentric publish their writers work in the UK via PRS for Music and the MCPS collection societies and in 2010 signed a sub-publishing deal with Downtown Music Publishing for the US territory.
In 2011 the company secured a loan through the Government’s Enterprise Finance Guarantee scheme from Royal Bank of Scotland to recruit additional staff and enhance automation features of its online software to help cope with increasing demand.
In May 2012 the North West Fund for Digital & Creative, managed by AXM Venture Capital Limited made an equity investment into Sentric Music. As well as collecting royalties for their writers, Sentric also search for synchronisation opportunities for its signings and has previously synced music on advertisements for the likes of Lexus, O2 Germany and De Montfort University. In 2012 Sentric secured a sync for the artist Kowalski in a campaign for Ballygowan Water in the Republic of Ireland[not in citation given]. Sentric also provide music for Channel 5 and its sister stations through a sub-publisher.
Selection of acts currently signed to Sentric Music
Some of the most prominent acts working with Sentric include:
Acts signed to Sentric before signing traditional publishing deals
- Juan Zelada (Warner/Chappell)
- Dry The River (Warner/Chappell / Transgressive)
- Dutch Uncles (Kobalt Music)
- Twenty Twenty (BMG Chrysalis)
- Stornoway (Warner/Chappell)
- Andreya Triana (Just Isn't Music)
- Rolo Tommasi (Full Time Hobby)
- Midimidis (BMG Music Rights)
- Spokes (Just Isn't Music)
The company has won a number of awards including early success winning the Merseyside Innovation Award in May 2007, as well as being recognised in the Morgan Foundation Entrepreneur Awards 2008. In December 2010 Sentric Music was winner of the Virtual Business Awards 2010.
- ↑ http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/pda/2008/jun/16/elevatorpitchsentrichelpss
- ↑ http://www.finsmes.com/2012/05/sentric-music-receives-equity-investment-north-west-fund-digital-creative.html
- ↑ http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/ldpbusiness/business-local/2011/12/14/funding-boost-for-sentric-music-99623-29948895/
- ↑ http://www.thenorthwestfund.co.uk/news/digital-and-creative-release-23052012
- ↑ http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0412/1224314638440.html
- ↑ Merseyside Innovation Award
- ↑ The Morgan Foundation
- ↑ Virtual Business Awards
- ↑ Liverpool Daily Post
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Sentric Music, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.