Elaine Sterling became a model at age 14 and later secured a film contract with MGM. She was featured in a few musicals using her real name, then in 1953 hired publicist Russell Birdwell, and began using the name Sara Shane. She secured a seven-year contract with Universal International pictures (UI), but after two films took a sabbatical, which at the time was predicted as likely being brief. She returned to film and television work in 1955, most notably in the Clark Gable film The King and Four Queens. Her last film, 1959’s Tarzan's Greatest Adventure, in which she portrayed Angie, is considered her most memorable performance. She continued in television through 1964. Elaine married William Hollingsworth in 1949. They divorced in 1957.
In 1974, she published a "nonfiction novel", Zulma, about a Mexican pre-op transsexual's experiences in the La Mesa Prison, based on her visit to the prison and her meeting with Zulma, born Miguel.
In 2000, she published Take Control of Your Health and Escape the Sickness Industry (ISBN 978-0646402970).
- ↑ "Two Careers Take a Turn", Life: 51, 54, September 6, 1954, http://books.google.com/books?id=I1QEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA51&dq=Sara+shane&hl=en&ei=8VVrTJCJJNiPcIzRnWc&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Sara%20shane&f=false, retrieved 18 August 2010
- ↑ Blum, Daniel (1960), "Tarzan's Greatest Adventure", Daniel Blum's Screen World, 11, New York: Biblo & Tannen, p. 66, http://books.google.com/books?id=e8EQLQrmU6IC&pg=PA66&dq=Sara+shane&hl=en&ei=0F9rTNrgPMHJcev24HM&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Sara%20shane&f=false, retrieved 18 August 2010
- ↑ Hollingsworth's website
- ↑ Zulma, Elaine Hollingsworth. (New York) Warner Books, 1974 ISBN 0-446-78361-7
- Sara Shane at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Elaine Hollingsworth
- biography at Glamour Girls of the Silver Screen
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Sara Shane, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.