The Romanian Society for Medical Informatics, RSMI, is a scientific, professional, non-governmental organization aimed to promote the activities in the development of medical informatics in Romania and to represent the activities in the country and abroad.
Romania was represented as a corresponding member in IMIA since 1986 and corresponding member in IMIA since 1986 and RSMI has become a full member in 1994, having now representatives in several active working groups of IMIA and EFMI. In the same year 1994 RSMI also joined EFMI.
RSMI has now over 120 members: physicians, computer scientists, engineers, mathematicians and other professionals working in the field of medical informatics. It continues the tradition of a group of specialists who started to work in this field in 1977.
- Organizing scientific and professional conferences, symposia, courses and exhibitions and collaboration in such activities with related organizations;
- Publication of scientific, professional and educational documents and papers in the field of medical informatics;
- Dissemination of information about conferences, publications and links to websites web sites on medical and health informatics
- Promoting scientific and professional contacts with similar societies at the international level;
active involvement to support scientists to attend international meetings
- Collaboration with Romanian Academy and the Academy of Medical Sciences in medical informatics research;
- Collaboration with medical universities in developing education and training in medical informatics.
Working Group Of Nursing Informatics
- International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA)
- European Federation for Medical Informatics (EFMI)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Romanian Society of Medical Informatics, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.