|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2011)|
|This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject, rather than references from independent authors and third-party publications. (January 2011)|
Ravinder Kumar Soni (Hindi: रविंदर कुमार सोनी ), the eldest son of Mehr Lal Soni Zia Fatehabadi (1913–1986), was born on 5 April 1944 at Delhi. He is a scholar devoted to the study and interpretation of traditional Hindu thought and Jyotisa. He has been writing on these subjects and has to his credit three significant books: a) In search of True Happiness - a collection of his essays on the thought and concepts of the Upanishads, b) The Illumination of Knowledge, which is a reflection on the role of Agni highlighted by the Vedic Seers and c) Planets and their Yoga Formations, which is a treatise on Hindu Astrology dealing with select yogas i.e. planetary combinations, in the context of the twelve Zodiac signs rising in the lagna or ascendent. He had picked up these threads from his teachers as the 1954-1959 alumni of The Hindu Higher Secondary School, (formerly Hindu High School), Triplicane, Chennai.
His writings disclose his study of the ancient texts conducted in the light of Vedanta Philosophy to be in line with the Advaita school. He has not only deliberated on the Vedic Mantras but also shown how they are interpreted to draw out their true essence. According to him the prime Vedic text, Rig Veda, is shaped in the likeness of the mind, it reflects the intricate and complex working of the mind and the process of thinking, for which reason purification of the mind is advocated by the Vedic Rishis through gain and spread of knowledge. Knowledge purifies the mind.
He was also taught Jyotisa by his father to help hone and train his intellect and to make him rely on his intuition. Though not a professional practitioner of this science, he has often, whenever specifically asked to do so, foretold future events e.g. his early 1989 prediction of the unexpected downfall of the Rajiv Gandhi regime, which was distributed by the News Agency, VICHAR. He follows Parashara’s methods of prognostication.
He also writes Urdu ghazals using Ravi Soni (urdu: روی سونی) ( hindi: रवि सोनी ) as his takhallus (nom de plume). Assisted by his brother he has translated from Urdu to English in Free verse select quatrains of Zia Fatehabadi .
- ↑ The Illumination Of Knowledge - Google Books
- ↑ The Illumination Of Knowledge 9788188951208 Soni, Ravinder Kumar GBD BOOKS
- ↑ Ravinder Kumar Soni (2011). Planets and their Yoga Formations, 416 pages, Pigeon Books India, New Delhi. ISBN 978-81-88951-71-0.
- ↑ http://www.pigeonbooks.in/
- ↑ Article The illumination of Knowledge by Aditya Soni http://www.zimbo.com/Hinduism/articles/R3LTok-uyCv/ILLUMINATION+KNOWLEDGE+book+author (Archived at http://webcitation.org/64STWMgEx)
- ↑ Ravinder Kumar Soni. The Illumination of Knowledge. Delhi: GBD Books. p. 58. http://books.google.co.in/books?id=K2H_PgAACAAJ. "“ Just as you impart knowledge (and make yourself known) to those dear ones who are duly qualified to receive it, and (having gained knowledge) they rest aglow with Teja, similarly do impart (the same) knowledge to all others so that they can also become instrumental in the spread of that knowledge.”Rig Veda 1.38.13"
- ↑ Ravinder Kumar Soni. In search of True Happiness. New Delhi: Soni Parivar. p. 110. http://openlibrary.org/books/OL24596525M/In+search+of+True+Happiness. "“ My father taught to me astrology with a purpose. He wanted to enable my mind to penetrate the deepest recesses of the unknown, to enable my mind to look far deep in time and space and go beyond the three states of time and consciousness.”"
- ↑ “ During 1989 and the earlier part of 1990 when the General Elections are due [[Saturn (astrology)|]] will transit Sagittarius, the sign which is in opposition to the natal position of Saturn in Mr. Gandhi's horoscope. During this sojourn the 10th House will continue to remain highly excited and afflicted. Rahu will continue to transit Aquarius up to October 22, 1989 and thereafter [[Capricorn (astrology)|]] – both signs ruled by Saturn. Rahu will transit the 7th from its natal position and in the 8th from natal Saturn. [[Jupiter (astrology)|]]'s retrograde motion in Gemini is also noteworthy. All these factors do not indicate Mr. Gandhi’s continuance as Prime Minister. ”- Extracted from the article – “ Will Rajiv Gandhi Win? ” also published by the Daily Excelsior, Jammu,( http://www.dailyexcelsior.com ) on the front page of its 26 February 1989 edition of The Sunday Magazine. As foretold because his Congress Party suffered a major defeat in 1989 Elections Rajiv Gandhi did not continue as India's Prime Minister
- ↑ http://www.freeurdupoetry.com/Urdu-Poetry-Of-Ravinder-Kumar-Soni (Archived at http://www.webcitation.org/64vSqvCxw)
- ↑ http://www.bazm.urduanjuman.com/index.php?topic=6708.0 (Archived by WebCite at http://www.webcitation.org/64BoLMb4M)
- ↑ Ravinder Kumar Soni at Kavita Kosh’’’Hindi’’’
- ↑ The Qat'aat o Rubaiyat of Zia Fatehabadi, original Urdu text and English translation by Ravinder Kumar Soni and Sushil Soni, published in 2012 by Pigeon Books, an imprint of GBD Books, I-2/16, Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110002, India, to commemorate Zia Fatehabadi's Birth Centenary Year, ISBN 978-93-82025-05-4
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Ravinder Kumar Soni, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.