Rasheed Abiodun Sulaiman (born December 28, 1989) is a Nigerian American entrepreneur born in St. Louis, Missouri. He is currently the co-founder & CEO of Goparti and is the creative director of LockerDome, the fastest growing sports property in the U.S. and St. Louis Business of the Year . He has been noted for his design work for the web application, as well as artwork for high profile brands and athletes .
At 15, Sulaiman has worked with more than 50 clients including the athletic shoe company And1, celebrity KJ Rose, and the St. Louis WoodWorks Company. He pursued a bachelor’s degree in art from Southeast Missouri State University in 2011. There he was an active member in the entrepreneurial program Redhawk CEO. He pursued a bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering from Missouri University of Science and Technology in 2008. There he helped the university win two CASE institutional awards for excellence in institutional relations and graphic design .
Sulaiman and Antione Brown founded Goparti on November 6th, 2009 and released a private beta on March 12th, 2012. The team was selected to pitch at various events . The company plans to have a public release in Q1 of 2013 . The company’s blog has also been featured on the front page of HackerNews for its post on logo design .
- ↑ Nicklaus, David (6 June 2012). "LockerDome raises $1.04 million from investors". STLtoday. http://www.stltoday.com/business/columns/david-nicklaus/lockerdome-raises-million-from-investors/article_865f88fe-b018-11e1-b4c1-0019bb30f31a.html. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- ↑ Nicklaus, David (20 May 2012). "Startup hopes to hit a home run in sports media". STLtoday. http://www.stltoday.com/business/columns/david-nicklaus/startup-hopes-to-hit-a-home-run-in-sports-social/article_49274192-a137-11e1-97ab-001a4bcf6878.html. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- ↑ Missouri S&T shines at annual CASE competition. Missouri University of Science and Technology. Retrieved on 30 December 2012.
- ↑ "St. Louis Natives Will Travel To Boston, MA To Compete For $10K". STLtoday. 15 July 2011. http://interact.stltoday.com/pr/business/PR07151110516542. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- ↑ Cummings, Corey. GoParti: Pandora for Nightlife Events. Techli. Retrieved on 30 December 2012.
- ↑ "Startup Logo Design". HackerNews. 6 June 2012. http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4092091. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Rasheed Sulaiman, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.