|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (February 2009)|
PLOTEUS (a Portal on Learning Opportunities Throughout European Space) is a European Union web portal that aims to help citizens find out about education and training opportunities throughout the European Union. Launched in 2003, it provides information on education systems, qualifications, grants and tuition fees in the EEC countries. It also provides practical help on matters such as finding a place to stay, living costs, the legal aspects of studying abroad, taxes, and social security. As of December 2006, the site was available in 24 languages and provided access to more than 7,000 links to existing information resources in 31 countries. The portal directs users towards a screen listing five topics: "Learning opportunities", "Education systems", "Exchanges", "Contact", and "Moving to a country". Depending on the field of interest, the user clicks on a heading and goes to a screen where requests for links to more information on, for example, the primary school education system in Finland or post-graduate business administration courses in France can be made. The portal is managed by the Euroguidance network. In 2010, its promotion was incorporated in the Youth on the Move campaign launched by the European Commission to extend opportunities for learning mobility to all young people in Europe by 2020
"Ploteus" means "navigator" or "sailor" in ancient Greek.
- ↑ "New web site to help citizens find schools". European Report. March 20, 2003. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-98488122.html.
- ↑ The History of European cooperation in education and training: Europe in the making, an example. Office for Official Publications of European Communities. 2006. p. 231. ISBN 978-9289489867.
- ↑ Krechowiecka, Irene (March 11, 2003). "Soundbytes". Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2003/mar/11/elearning.technology10?INTCMP=SRCH. Retrieved June 14, 2012.
- ↑ "Rise Masters Class: Flying the flag for Euro courses: Erasmus exchange scheme offers postgraduates a passport to studying abroad". Guardian. June 18, 2005. http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2005/jun/18/careers.postgraduate2?INTCMP=SRCH.
- ↑ Moorney, Brian (December 5, 2006). "Questions Answers &". Irish Times. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-24864581.html.
- ↑ Home. euroguidance. Retrieved on 2012-06-14.[not in citation given]
- ↑ "Youth on the Move - Strengthening Support to Europe's Young People". States News Service. September 15, 2010. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-237132314.html.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Ploteus, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.