Pierce Mattie Public Relations is a privately held public relations firm based in New York that was founded in 2001. Currently, the company is a leader in consumer media relations for a diverse array of industries including fashion, beauty, jewelry, lifestyle, wellness and home furnishings. The company publishes “trend forecasts” to keep industry professionals abreast of emerging trends. A member of the UN Global Compact, Pierce Mattie Public Relations was named “One of the Fastest Growing Companies in America” by Inc. Magazine two years in a row.
Pierce Mattie Public Relations was founded in 2001 by Pierce Mattie, an executive with a background in public relations, retail, marketing and journalism. Mattie is a lifestyle, fashion, beauty and trend expert on numerous national and regional television and radio programs and has consulted for Fortune 500 corporations. Mattie is also the author of Groomed for Success, published by Allured Publishing.
In 2009 the firm was honored by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the United States. They publicize "trend forecasts" in different volumes to keep members of the industry current with different topics. Their services include media placement, reputation management, special event planning, press releases, tradeshow consultation, celebrity endorsements, media training, and brand repositioning, revitalization, and research. They also offer viral marketing, public relations, cross promotion, fashion show production, product placement, and web site publicity.
The Media OasisAccording to Mattie, the origin of the Media Oasis stemmed from Pierce Mattie clients asking for services in a controlled environment where the brand's integrity would not be compromised with the media present. In 2005, Pierce Mattie relocated from their Chelsea office into a 4,000 square foot Times Square office creating it into what is essentially a modern day resort. Though it maintains the function of a large corporate office, the space is a spa for both the employees and the many magazine editors that visit the agency.
Media Oasis has a fashion showroom, jewelry display cases, spa treatment room, a shampoo room, an elevated makeup and hair studio, and finally a lounge for editors to relax. Guests of Media Oasis can view upcoming apparel collections, receive facial and scalp treatments, body massages, manicures, pedicures, aromatherapy sessions, and try on jewelry with products from client brands. Media Oasis can also be transformed into an exercise room and yoga studio, and the space serves as a showroom for apparel and accessory clients.
According to its website, the following are current or former clients;
- Fashion, Accessories & Jewelry
- 191 Unlimited
- BedStu Shoes
- Body Wrap
- Circa Fine Jewelry
- Diamond Ideals
- Fashion Bug
- GUESS handbags
- Lane Bryant
- Old Navy
- Red Carpet Jewels
- Rudy Project
- xoxo Swimwear
- Desperate Housewives: The Game
- Dreams Resorts
- General Electric
- LA Boxing
- LiVea Diet
- NewBeauty Magazine
- Oral Fixation
- Pilates on Fifth
- Power Pilates
- Pump One
- Secrets Resorts
- Yamuna Body Rolling
- Home Furnishings
- Company Store
- Ethan Allen
- Kat Burki Home
- Marc Blackwell Tabletop
- Ruby Lane Antiques
- Bond No. 9 Fragrances
- Butter LONDON
- CLEAN Fragrances
- Comfort Zone
- Dr. Hauschka
- Earth Therapeutics
- Every Man Jack
- Hourglass Cosmetics
- John Allan’s
- Kiss My Face
- Mineral Essence
- Natura Bisse
- Nu Skin
- NYX Cosmetics
- Ojon Hair Care
- Paula’s Choice
- Shiseido Professional
- Serge Gurin - President
- Sonya Hartland - Executive Vice President
- Joshua Blaylock - Executive Director
- Roman Iakoubtchik - Financial Controller
- Kristina Katsoulas - Executive Beauty Director
- Lance Buckley - Executive Lifestyle & Fashion Director
- Shannon Nelson - Corporate Communications Director
- ↑ "Company Profile: Pierce Mattie Public Relations". www.inc500.com. 2009. http://www.inc.com/inc5000/2009/company-profile.html?id=200914280. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Pierce Mattie Public Relations". Pierce Mattie PR. 2010. http://www.piercemattie.com/. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ "Super-Spa". Gunpowder Magazine. http://www.gunpowder-magazine.com/articles/20080611_1. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ "Top PR Firms Specializing in Beauty & Fashion Public Relations". Owdyer PR. 2009. http://www.odwyerpr.com/pr_firm_rankings/beauty.htm. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Pierce Mattie Forecasts Top 10 Ingredient Trends of 2009". GCI - Beauty Business, Brand Impact. December 30, 2008. http://www.gcimagazine.com/business/rd/ingredients/36883089.html. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ Mattie, Pierce (November 7, 2008). "Letter to Secretary General". Pierce Mattie Public Relations. http://www.unglobalcompact.org/system/commitment_letters/7424/original/Global_Compact_Join_Letter_8624.pdf?1262613662. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ "Participants and Stakeholders". United Nations Global Impact. http://www.unglobalcompact.org/participant/7424-Pierce-Mattie-Public-Relations. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ 9.00 9.01 9.02 9.03 9.04 9.05 9.06 9.07 9.08 9.09 9.10 "Pierce Mattie". BeautyInterviews.com. December 12, 2008. http://beautyinterviews.com/interviews/pierce-mattie/. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 . Clean Perfume. March 19, 2008. http://www.prlog.org/10057975-pierce-mattie-pr-appointed-to-head-up-clean-perfume-luxury-perfume-pr-campaign.html. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 "Pierce Mattie Public Relations Inc.". BusinessWeek. 2010. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=11436495. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ Palma, Maria (July 30, 2006). "Jane Magazine Starts "The Weekly Pitchfest"". The Runway Scoop. http://www.therunwayscoop.com/2006/07/jane_magazine_starts_the_weekl.html. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 "Pierce Mattie's Media Oasis: A Luxury in Times Square". Luxuo. July 20, 2008. http://www.luxuo.com/beauty/pierce-mattie-media-oasis.html. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ "The Pierce Mattie Media Oasis: Living in the Lap of PR luxury". PR Couture. October 24, 2008. http://www.prcouture.com/2008/10/24/the-pierce-mattie-media-oasis-living-in-the-lap-of-pr-luxury/. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Ciarallo, Joe (September 12, 2008). "PRNewser Interview: Pierce Mattie, CEO, Pierce Mattie PR". MediaBistro. http://www.mediabistro.com/prnewser/prnewser-interview-pierce-mattie-ceo-pierce-mattie-pr_b984. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ Et Ochs, Cushnie (2010). "Miguel Antoinne". TheFashionList. http://www.thefashionlist.com/email/tfl-nyfw-fall-2010-day-2.html. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ "191 Unlimited Launches New E-Commerce Website". PRNewswire. November 24. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/191-unlimited-launches-new-e-commerce-website-72685422.html. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ "Dr. Nicholas Perricone Accepts Position on New-Beauty Magazine's Editorial Advisory Board". NewBeauty Magazine. February 9, 2006. http://www.newbeauty.com/press/perricone.pdf. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ "SwissPump: On-the-Ball Digital Fitness". PumpOne. https://www.pumpone.com/pumpone/new/documents/SwissPump-release.pdf. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 "Ethan Allen Selects Pierce Mattie for Home Furnishings Public Relations". Home Furnishings Business. July 2008. http://www.hfbusiness.com/article/ethan-allen-selects-pierce-mattie-home-furnishings-public-relations-109737/1. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ↑ "Pierce Mattie PR Announces Ten Clients Nominated for CEW Beauty Awards". PRweb. March 10, 2008. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/03/prweb751894.htm. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Pierce Mattie Public Relations, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.