Phyllomedusa is a Goregrind band from Annapolis, Maryland. It was created in 2007 by Big Frog and is infamous for it's harsh sound and extreme misanthropic theme. Phyllomedusa is very pro-animal, especially from the amphibian side.
A key characteristic of Phyllomedusa is the use of 7 & 8 string guitars. More specifically the Ibanez RG2228 and Ibanez RG7321.
Matt Mansfield put Omphalectoicxanthopsia on hiatus, and wanted to start something so completely different than anything else. It's said that due to the fact he couldn't find a drummer to play the speed he wanted, Matt learned every instrument himself. Big Frog had gone through multiple ideas, and animal-themed projects before picking a favorite of his childhood, the frog.
"Eggs of the Monkey Frog" was the first demo to be printed and released to a small audience. His label Sloth Clatter Media only printed 150 copies. At an extreme volume, it contained heavy use of start/stop noise with hundreds of frog calls in between. It has since been sold out, and extra copies were printed.
Matt started as a guitar player in high school, and still revolves the project's sound around the guitar.
His influences include classic horror movies, more specifically animal-based films and extreme misanthropy. Often implying amphibians are more important than humans. Often implying frogs and toads would eat humans if they got hungry enough. He also believes he has a inner connection with amphibians.
Phyllomedusa employs both clean, and pitch shifted vocals. With high influences from Last Days of Humanity, Regurgitate, Rompeprop, and Autophagia. Multiple effect pedals are also used on the guitars and bass.
It's been stated by someone who knows Big Frog, that he has indeed fed his amphibians pieces of a human's flesh. How, or where he got the flesh is unknown.
- 2007 : Eggs of the Monkey Frog tape
- 2007 : Pseudo-mutant Frogslime
- 2007 : Green Skin Mummification
- 2009 : The Lilypad Rehearsals demo
- 2011 : Molesting The Frogeater
- 2009 : Blending Litoria Enclave
- 2011 : Frogs At Crystal Lake
- 2011 : Crüsty 'Phibs
- 2008 : Ceratophrys
- 2008 : The Scaphiopus Breeding Rainpool
- 2008 : 3" MCD
- 2009 : Balandesogestrel Reflex
- 2009 : Anuran Slime Transplant
- 2009 : Lullabies Of Slime
- 2009 : Algae
- 2009 : The Frog Crypt
- 2009 : Fuck The Frogleg Eaters 3"
- 2009 : The Green Amphibian Pt. 1
- 2009 : The Slime Justifies The Means
- 2009 : Antifrench
- 2009 : Untitled
- 2009 : Toadthrone
- 2010 : Slime Immersion
- 2010 : You Had Me At Ribbit
- 2010 : Feral Ophryophryne
- 2010 : The Toad Essence Session
- 2010 : How Long Can A Human Last In Captivity? demo feat. Embryo
- 2010 : The Final Mistbath Session
- 2010 : soundTrack For The Reptile House
- 2010 : DESTROY DESTRUCCIÓN HUMANA
- 2010 : Chubtemplum
- 2011 : Bryophryne Fermentation
- 2011 : Camp Bufo/The Shed(ding)
- 2010 : Dissect The Frog Dissector
- 2011 : The Green Reaper
- 2011 : We Are Carnivores & Cannibals
- 2011 : Purposely Inflicting Ranidaphobia
- 2011 : Rigorous Red-eyed Feeding Habits
- 2011 : Death, Croak Me
- 2009 : Split with The Liquid Lettuce Mining Corp. Foundation
- 2009 : Split with Unconcentrated Faeces Otengeny
- 2010 : Split with GPKAM
- 2000 : Split with Gonococcus & Fungus
- 2009 : Innard & Frog Worship (split with (Hemorrhoidal Anal Suffering)
- 2010 : Amphibians Against Humanity Apportionl (split with Macrophagous Gilled Larvae)
- 2010 : Salmonella Sickness (split with Vaginal Lobotomy & Oligodendroglioma)
- 2010 : Where Frogs Learn To Croak On Command/Sadofrogsmo (Split with Gruesome Toilet & Squimfest)
- 2010 : (human) Species Eruption (Split With Culicidae)
- 2011 : FROG vs CRAB (Split with Crustacea Zoëa Larvae)
- 2011 : Split with Anal Bag, Bodily Wastes, Lymphoma, Triple Dewormint (Booba Records)
- 2011 : What's Your Favorite Animal? (Split with Submucosa)
- 2011 : Abrupt Metamorphosis (Split with D.D.R.P.G.)
- 2011 : Ecomonster (Split with TOAD BIRTH, olm and Macrophagous Gilled Larvae)
- 2010 : The Subterranae Frogmen/The Foam Nest
- 2010 : "Poise Of Blommersia" 3-Part comp (Blommersia, Inept Breviceps Amplex, Untitled Frog Worship)
- 2011 : A True Coalesce Of Sound & Species: The Definitive Phyllomedusa Collection
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Phyllomedusa (Band), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article , that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the .