|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2011)|
McAndrew was born in 1985 and brought up in Syracuse, NY, but currently lives in San Diego, CA. He was awarded Daemen College's portfolio-based four-year visual art scholarship, where he went on to earn a BFA in Illustration. McAndrew played drums in Syracuse, NY based rock bands Deer Park Elementary and Bleeding Hands along with one of his two brothers, Tyler McAndrew. He is a founding member of Found Hat Press collective.
Phil McAndrew is a prolific writer and illustrator of comic books, which he often self-publishes as hand produced mini-comics. 'Are You Man Enough?', drawn in 2008, is widely regarded as his best work. Other books include The Secret Thoughts of Harold Lawrence Windcrampe, Pearly Whites and Book Comic.
John Martz, the co-founder of the popular illustration blog http://www.drawn.ca, says of McAndrew, 'Phil’s non sequitur sense of humour and inky illustration style are like some unlikely combination of B. Kliban and Ronald Searle, two of my heroes.' 
As well as self-publishing his own comic books McAndrew has contributed comics to publications, anthology books and websites, including MAD (magazine), Top Shelf 2.0, Serializer, and all three volumes of You Ain't No Dancer from New Reliable Press.
In May 2011 McAndrew created a Kickstarter project with the aim of creating approximately 100 pages of new material. This material will be combined with existing work and published in 2011 by Grimalkin Press. The target of $4000 was exceeded before the one month deadline and the project is underway.
- 'The Kids Are Dancing!' (Drawn in 2005, published by New Reliable Press in You Ain't No Dancer vol. 1.)
- 'Sharp Young Minds' (Six pages, drawn in 2006, published by New Reliable Press in You Ain't No Dancer vol. 2.)
- 'Angelica' (Five pages, drawn in 2007, later published in This & That#3.)
- 'Doomed' (Drawn in 2007, later published in This & That#3.)
- 'That Darn Cane' (Drawn in 2008, later published in This & That#3.)
- 'Come In, Bald Eagle' (Eight pages, drawn in 2008, published by New Reliable Press in You Ain't No Dancer vol. 3.)
- 'The Secret Thoughts of Harold Lawrence Windcrampe' (Forty-eight pages, drawn in 2008.)
- 'Are You Man Enough?' (Drawn in 2008.)
- 'Pearly Whites' (Twenty pages, drawn in 2009.)
- 'Book Comic' (Drawn in 2009, published online by Top Shelf Productions at Top Shelf 2.0.
- 'Feral Pizza' (Ongoing series of single panel cartoons and short strips, first published in 2010 as a mini-comic also titled Feral Pizza.)
- ↑ "Toronto Comic Arts Festival 2010: Phil McAndrew". National Post. May 3, 2010. http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/afterword/archive/2010/05/03/toronto-comic-arts-festival-2010-phil-mcandrew.aspx. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- ↑ McAndrew's biography at http://www.philintheblanks.com/about.html
- ↑ Martz, John (2010-05-19). "Phil McAndrew on the Drawn Blog". Canada: Drawn. http://drawn.ca/archive/phil-mcandrew-feral-pizza/.
- Official website
- Icki Lip (a somewhat disturbing online collaboration with Vicki Nerino.)
- Picture Book Report (McAndrew was one of the fifteen illustrators that contributed to this project.)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Phil McAndrew, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.