Penelope Jean (born Penelope Jean Bachmeier; October 23, 1973) is a Celebrity publicist, writer, and television Entertainment Analyst. Raised in Ontario, Canada she became active in public relations, journalism and communications in 1994, and began working with primarily American celebrity clientele in 2008. She has been an entertainment contributor, Celebrity Analyst, and on-camera personality for ABC News WCIV Channel 4 in Charleston, South Carolina.
Penelope was employed by the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce as Event Manager, and later with an Ontario financial institution, WFCU as Marketing and Community Relations Coordinator, and also served the Environmental Performance Foundation of Canada (EPF) as Director of Marketing and Public Relations. In October 2008, she shifted to handling publicity for individuals including clients who are film actors and television personalities, recording artists, models, authors, professional athletes, and spokespersons. She is sole proprietor and principal publicist of Penelope Jean Media (PJM).
PJM’s clients have been featured in layouts and editorials in magazines including Vanity Fair, TV Guide, Maxim, In Style, People, GQ, Glamour, Life & Style, In Touch, and in media interviews with television shows such as Good Morning America, HLN Showbiz Tonight, E! News, The Dish, Extra TV, Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, ABC News 20/20, as well as sports and entertainment news segments on CNN and Style Network.
In May 2010, Penelope took on another role as Celebrity and Entertainment Analyst for ABC News WCIV based in Charleston, South Carolina. As on-camera talent, she also prepares news-worthy material for entertainment segments for ABC News..
Writer and Journalist
As a journalist and publicist, Penelope's freelance articles have been published in national magazines and she has been quoted by media outlets as a communications and entertainment expert including for People Magazine and Men's Health Magazine. Her technical written works include biographies, media releases, press kits, and website text. Notably, Penelope has written media releases on behalf of clients jointly for the Surgeon General of the United States, Hawaii Department of Health, Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Medal of Honor and the New Jersey Nets basketball organization (Brooklyn Nets), as well as served as media contact for Lions Club International, and Global Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases.
Penelope Jean obtained academic credentials in the United States from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Journalism and Mass Communication, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication degree.
- ↑ http://www.abcnews4.com/story/14075575/hollywood-headlines-with-penelope-jean?clienttype=printable&redirected=true
- ↑ http://www.abcnews4.com/story/13587713/penelope-jean-celeb-dish?clienttype=printable
- ↑ http://www.abcnews4.com/story/13556020/celebrity-dish-with-penelope-jean?clienttype=printable&redirected=true
- ↑ http://www.lifeonthewater.org/DNN/Default.aspx?tabid=3468
- ↑ http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=599831
- ↑ http://www.reverbnation.com/theredneckyachtclub
- ↑ http://jabsom.hawaii.edu/jabsom/about/JABSOMNewsletterFebMar2009.pdf
- ↑ http://jabsom.hawaii.edu/jabsom/about/news.php?articleid=704
- ↑ http://www.penelopejean.com/media_releases/Media%20Release%20-%20DAR%20Medal%20of%20Honor.pdf
- ↑ http://ironmitch3.blogspot.com/2009/05/andy-baldwin-recieves-dar-medal-of.html
- ↑ http://www.penelopejean.com/media_releases/Media%20Release%20030409%20-%20NJ%20Nets%20&%20GYBN.pdf
- ↑ http://www.prweb.com/releases/Lions/AndyBaldwin/prweb2455294.htm
- ↑ http://old.globalnetwork.org/press/2009/11/2/global-network-launches-signature-grassroots-campaign-just-50-cents-campus-challenge
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Penelope Jean, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.