Owen Cook (also known as "Tyler", "Tyler Durden" (born in 1979 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) is an entrepreneur, author and dating advisor. He is the figurehead of Real Social Dynamics, a company that specializes in teaching self actualization and dating advice.
Owen Cook graduated with a degree in philosophy from Queen's University in Kingston. He first became interested in pick-up as a young man after breaking up with his long-time girlfriend. Following the breakup, Owen left school and suffered a deep depression. He joined the seduction community in 2002, assuming the handle 'Tyler Durden' in homage to the fictional character from the novel Fight Club. He traveled to Los Angeles in order to develop his skills at seducing women, eventually moving into a closet and using it as his bedroom in order to live with Neil Strauss, Barry Kirkey and Mystery at their mansion in Project Hollywood.
He is mentioned by Neil Strauss in his book The Game. Strauss describes his distrust of Cook as a result of his experience mentoring Owen and fellow student "Papa" (Nicholas Kho). The book also describes the establishment of Real Social Dynamics by Cook and Papa, a company dedicated to teaching men how to interact with women and a manipulative conflict with a third pick-up artist, Mystery.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Art of Seduction - article written on on the Queen's University website
- ↑ Neil Strauss, The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pick-Up Artists.
- Purcell, Kevin (September 2006). "How to Get Your Pickup Game Straight in Just One Weekend". The Aquarian.
- Zigfield, Joe (February 2006). "Mastering the Game". Edge Magazine (Future Publishing). http://www.mensmagazineonline.com/mastering_the_game.asp. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- Elson, Frank (December 2005). "School for Seduction". Men's Health Magazine (NatMag Rodale Limited).
- Brito, Sam de (2005-01-16). "Men Paying to Learn to Be Appealing". The Sunday Telegraph (News Limited).
- Dobrzensky, Dominic (2006-11-03). "The Art of Seduction". Queen's Journal (Queen's University). http://www.queensjournal.ca/story/2006-11-03/postscript/art-seduction/. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- Strauss, Neil (2005-09-06). The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists. William Morrow. ISBN 0-06-055473-8.
- Rifkind, Hugo (2005-09-03). "Operation Pick-Up". The Times (Times Newspapers Ltd.). http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/article563004.ece. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Owen Cook, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.