Neil Munro is an Irish-American journalist.
Munro came under criticism for interrupting President Obama's prepared remarks on June 15, 2012. Munro, along with his bosses Carlson and Patel, defended his behavior by saying that he tried to time his question to when he thought the President was finishing. It is common for journalists to yell out questions at these events. This is because while Obama does not formally take questions afterward, he occasionally answers a yelled out question at the end. CNN White House correspondent Brianna Keilar, an eye witness to the event, stated that no other reporter present thought the President was finishing and that Munro's claim has no credibility. Another eyewitness, Todd Zwillich, Washington correspondent for The Takeaway from Public Radio International, also stated Munro's claim lacks credibility and that Munro "purposely interrupted." Munro and his bosses also attempted to defend his behavior by referencing Sam Donaldson as someone who had heckled Presidents in the past, though Donaldson himself responded later by drawing a distinction between his shouting questions at Presidents, but not interrupting them in the middle of prepared remarks.
- ↑ http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/daily-caller-reporter-interrupts-obamas-immigration-announcement-in-rose-garden/2012/06/15/gJQAi8hSfV_story.html
- ↑ http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/15/statements-from-the-daily-caller-regarding-exchange-in-white-house-rose-garden/
- ↑ http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/352969/20120616/neil-munro-daily-caller-obama-interrupted-speech.htm
- ↑ http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/reporter-interrupted-obama-thought-finished-220343830.html
- ↑ http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/sam-donaldson-weighs-in-on-obama-heckler/2012/06/15/gJQA2R9ifV_blog.html
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Neil Munro (journalist), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.