|This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. Please help to improve this article by introducing more precise citations. (January 2010)|
Nach Baliye ('Nach' means Dance and 'Baliye' means partner or mate) is a dance, reality-television series on the Indian channel Star Plus. The show is a couples dancing contest. The first and second season aired on Star One and then shifted to Star Plus.
The show is a competition wherein 10 television celebrity couples compete against each other. Contestants dance to a different tune, different theme and different styles every week and scores are given by the judges. Each week one couple is eliminated based on public voting and their scores.
- Sana Saeed’s fake boyfriend: Rumour has it that Sana’s boyfriend Dipesh was handpicked for her by the producers. Apparently, an audition was held to select the perfect partner for Sana – clearly that didn’t work in her favour at all.
- Shakti Arora forced to leave: The Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi actor was forced to leave NB7 mid way because his channel didn’t want him participating in a rival channel. The actor claimed that he has to leave the show due to personal problems but the truth is much farther than that.
- Rashami Desai’s fake injury: During the show all the couples are forced to stay in the villa. However, Rashami Desai faked an injury and went off to LA for a show. Unfortunately, Nakuul Mehta clicked a selfie and uploaded it on social networking sites creating uproar in the NB house. When she came back, the makers told her to accept the blame so that co-contestants don’t react much. However it seems that Rashami had apparently already taken permission from the channel. When Rashami got caught by her fellow contestants and judges, she finally opened about her failed marriage, miscarriage and what not to gain sympathy.
- Chetan Bhagat’s personal remarks: Ever since the news spread that the author was the one of the judges on the panel, everyone had just one common question, why? Bhagat’s remarks after every performance also irked contestants. Much later into the show, Nandish Sandhu made a comment, “I still don’t know what Chetan Bhagat is looking for in the show.” He offended Arpit Ranka by calling the couple a runaway duo, Upen Patel and Karishma Tanna were angry because he doubted their relationship.
- Payal Rohatgi and Sangram Singh’s untimely exit: Sangram is a national level wrestler, during the course of the show he was called to enrol in a national level wrestling competition and fill out some forms, but the makers of NB did not allow. Sangram was irked by the double standards of the producers. He then decided to get himself eliminated.
- Himmanshoo Malhotra and Amruta Khanvilkar cheating: Just one week before the finale, the finalists were given a number that they’d ask fans to vote for them. It seems the couple leaked the number much beforehand. Now there’s no real proof to this allegation, but Upen-Karishma’s fans strongly believe so.
- Karishma Tanna and Upen Patel cheating: During the Daily Punchnama episode it was revealed that Upen had his phone hidden this made stirs with other contestants. Later it was said that Karishma also helped him to do so.
- Karan and Rithvik’s statements and the impending case: Recently, Karan and Rithvik passed some objectionable comments on National heroes and the constitution. A freelance journalist filed a police complaint against the issue. Advocate Devendra Patil, however, took the case ahead in Mulund court. Rithvik and Karan are yet to respond to the case.
Nach Baliye 1
The Contestants for Season 1 were:
- Supriya Pilgaonkar and Sachin Pilgaonkar, Winner
- Poonam Narula and Manish Goel, Runner-up
- Rajeshwari Sachdev and Varun Badola, 3rd Position
- Delnaaz Irani and Rajeev Paul, 4th Position
- Archana Puran Singh and Parmeet Sethi, 5th Position
- Shilpa Saklani and Apurva Agnihotri, 6th Position
- Neeru Bajwa and Amit Sadh, 7th Position
- Sai Deodhar and Shakti Anand, 8th Position
- Manini Mishra and Mihir Mishra, 9th Position
- Manasi Joshi Roy and Rohit Roy, 10th position
Nach Baliye 2
Nach Bailye 2 started on 25 September 2006, and ended on 18 December 2006, with Tina and Hussain Kuwajerwala as winners. Saroj Khan, Malaika Arora Khan and Kunal Kohli were the judges. Sangeeta Ghosh and Shabbir Ahluwalia hosted the season.
The following were the Contestants of Season 2:
- Tina Kuwajerwala and Hussain Kuwajerwala, Winner
- Gauri Tonk and Yash Tonk, Runner-up
- Tanaaz Currim and Bakhtiyaar Irani, 3rd Position
- Gauri Pradhan Tejwani and Hiten Tejwani, 4th Position
- Shweta Kawatra and Manav Gohil, 5th Position
- Shweta Tiwari and Raja Choudhary, 6th Position
- Gurdeep Kohli and Arjun Punj, 7th Position
- Geet Singh and Varun Gupta, 8th Position
- Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar and Sharad Kelkar, 9th Position
- Narayani Shastri and Gaurav Chopra, 10th Position
- Ketki Dave and Rasik Dave, 11th Position
Nach Baliye 3
The Contestants for Season 3 were:
- Sanjeeda Sheikh and Aamir Ali Winners
- Rakhi Sawant and Abhishek Awasthi Runners up
- Karan Patel and Amita Chandekar Second runners up
- Sweta Keswani and Alexx O'Nell Eliminated on 17 November
- Karan Patel and Amita Chandekar Eliminated on 15 December
- Kashmira Shah and Krushna Abhishek Eliminated on 15 December
- Shakti Kapoor and Shivangi Kapoor Quit on 6 October
- Amita Sethi and Vikas Sethi Eliminated on 13 October
- Karan Grover and Kavita Kaushik Eliminated on 20 October
- Kiran Janjani and Ritu Janjani Eliminated on 28 September
- Pooja Bedi and Hanif Hilal Eliminated on 27 October
- Indraneil Sengupta and Barkha Bisht Sengupta Wildcard Jodi; 23 November Eliminated on 2 December
Created by - Darien Amos Star Plus
Nach Baliye 4
Nach Bailye 4 started on 17 October 2008 in India and the United States. The broadcast of the series began on 3 January 2009 in the United Kingdom. It finished on 1 February 2009 in India, with Shaleen and Daljit as winners.
The Contestants for Season 4 were,
- Shaleen Bhanot and Daljeet Kaur Winners
- Vineet and Tanushree Eliminated
- Reshmi Ghosh and Amit Gupta Eliminated
- Karanvir Bohra and Teejay Bohra Quit
- Naman Shaw and Megha Gupta Runners up
- Kapil Nirmal and Anjali Abrol Made it to the semi-finals
- Mohit Malik and Aditi Shirwaker Eliminated
- Sudeep Sahir and Anantika Sahir Eliminated
- Mazher Sayed and Mouli Ganguly Eliminated
- Jaspal Bhatti and Savita Bhatti Eliminated
- Jatin Shah and Priya Bathija First Jodi to be eliminated
- Abhijeet Sawant and Shilpa Sawant Eliminated
- Chetan Hansraj and Lavinia Pereira *wildcard entry Eliminated
- Yash Tonk and Gauri Tonk *wildcard entry Made it to the semi-finals
Created by Anil Jha Star Plus
Nach Baliye 5
Nach Baliye 5 started in 2012 and ended in March 2013.
The following were the Contestants for Season 5:
- Mahii Vij and Jay Bhanushali Winners on March 23, 2013
- Sargun Mehta and Ravi Dubey First runner up March 23, 2013
- Neelu Vaghela and Arvind Kumar second runner up March 23, 2013
- Suhasi Goradia Dhami and Jaisheel Dhami third Runner-up March 23, 2013
- Nisha Rawal and Karan Mehra eliminated on March 16, 2013
- Charlie Chauhan and Kunwar Amarjeet Singh Eliminated on March 9, 2013
- Shefali Zariwala and Parag Tyagi eliminated on March 2, 2013 
- Dimpy Mahajan and Rahul Mahajan Eliminated on February 23, 2013
- Elena Boeva and Kushal Tandon eliminated on February 3, 2013
- Smita Bansal and Ankush Mohla eliminated on January 27, 2013
- Deepshika Nagpal and Keshav Arora eliminated on January 13, 2013 
Shilpa cancelled her shoot as her nine-month-old son was hospitalized.
Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati
Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati is an extension of the Nach Baliye series, and ran in April 2013. In Shriman vs Shrimati, the celebrity couples did not dance together but instead competed against each other. The series ended in a tie.
Nach Baliye 6
The sixth season of Nach Baliye premiered on 9 November 2013 on Star Plus channel, airing on Saturday and Sunday evenings. Eleven celebrity couples competed in the series.
TV Actors Rithvik Dhanjani and Asha Negi were declared the Winning Couple of Nach Baliye Season 6 on 1 February 2014. Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee were declared the runners up.
Sara Khan done Cameo Dance Performance in wild card special episode along with Paras Chhabra.
Writing for Rediff.com, Paloma Sharma gave the show 2.5 stars out of 5 in its first week, stating "perhaps the hosts and the judges could keep their clothes on and refrain from excessive flirting since Nach Baliye does happen to be a 'family show'."
Celebrity Jodi contestants were:
- Rithvik Dhanjani & Asha Negi winners
- Gurmeet Chaudhary & Debina Bonnerjee Runner ups
- Ripudaman Handa & Shivangi
- Vinod and Raksha Thakur (India's got talent)
- Raqesh Vashisth & Riddhi Dogra
- Bruna Abdullah & Omar Herror
- Kiku Sharda & Priyanka Sharda
- Kanika Maheshwari & Ankur Ghai
- Raju Srivastav & Shikha
- Amrapali Gupta & Yash Sinha
- Sanjeev Seth & Lata Sabharwal
Nach Baliye 7
The seventh season premiered on 26 April 2015 on Star Plus. the series is produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor under their banner Balaji Telefilms. The series airs from Monday to Saturday nights and on Sunday evenings. The show ended on 19 July 2015.
The list of Contestants for Season 7 is as follows:
- Amruta Khanvilkar and Himmanshoo A. Malhotra - The winners of Nach Baliye 7
- Nandish Sandhu and Rashami Desai - First runners-up
- Upen Patel and Karishma Tanna - Third place
- Mayuresh Wadkar and Ajisha Shah - Fourth place
- Sana Saeed and Deepesh Sharma - Eliminated in week ten
- Rohit Nag and Aishwarya Sakhuja - Eliminated in week nine
- Shefali Zariwala and Parag Tyagi - Eliminated in week eight
- Sharad Chandra Tripathi and Mrunal Thakur - Eliminated in week seven
- Sangram Singh and Payal Rohatgi - Eliminated in week six
- Arpit Ranka and Nidhi Ranka - Eliminated in week five
- Jay Soni and Pooja Soni - Eliminated in week four
- Shakti Arora and Neha Saxena - Left in week two
- Vineet Bhangera and Smiley Suri - Eliminated in week one
Nach Baliye 8
The eighth season premiered on 18 June 2016. The series was produced by Karan Chaggar under his banner of Sahib Chaggar Productions. The series aired every Saturday and Sunday. The show ended on 11 September 2016.
The list of Contestants for Season 8 is as follows:
- Varun Singh & Rashi Singh (winners)
- Khalid Qureshi and Sadia Siddiqui (runners up)
- Mrunal Jain & Sweety Jain
- Ankita Sharma and Mayank Sharma
- Rajiv Ahuja & Shruti Singh
- Ashmit Patel & Mahek Chahal
- Vivian Dsena & Vahbbiz Dorabjee
- Indraneil Sengupta & Barkha Bisht Sengupta
- Karan Patel & Ankita Karan Patel
- Rohit Raj Goyal & Deepika Singh
- Lalit Bisht & Renee Dhyani
- Kunal Verma & Pooja Bose
- Ankit Bathla & Jigyasa Singh
Nach Baliye 8
Nach Baliye 8 premiered on 2 April 2017 on Star Plus. The show is produced by BBC Worldwide. Sonakshi Sinha, Terence Lewis and Mohit Suri are judging the show. Karan Tacker and Upasana Singh are the hosts for the show. Ten Jodis have been finalized to take part in Nach Baliye. Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya were declared the Winning Couple of Nach Baliye 8.
- Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya, Winners
- Abigail Jain and Sanam Johar, First Runner up
- Sanaya Irani and Mohit Sehgal, Second Runner up
- Dipika Kakar and Shoaib Ibrahim (4th position) ( Eliminated on 17 June 2017)
- Trupti Akkalwar and Siddhartha Jadhav (Eliminated on 23 April 2017 ; Re-entered as WildCard on 21st May 2017) (5th position) (Re-eliminated on 11 June 2017)
- Aashka Goradia and Brent Goble (Eliminated on 14 May 2017 ; Re-entered as WildCard on 21st May 2017) (6th position) (Re-eliminated on 4 June 2017)
- Bharti Singh and Harsh Limbachiyya (7th position) (Eliminated on 20 May 2017)
- Monalisa and Vikrant Singh Rajpoot (8th position) (Eliminated on 7 May 2017)
- Amanjot Kaur and RJ Pritam Singh (9th position) (Eliminated on 30 April 2017)
- Utkarsha Naik and Manoj Verma (10th position) (Eliminated on 16th April 2017)
Nach Baliye Season 9 Contestant List 2017.
- ↑ Error on call to Template:cite web: Parameters url and title must be specified. Retrieved on 28 April 2015.
- ↑ Nach Baliye 7: Shakti Arora and Neha Saxena quit the show, saving Sangram Singh and Payal Rohatgi. Retrieved on 11 May 2017.
- ↑ Rashmi Desai to apologise for faking ankle injury on 'Nach Baliye'. Retrieved on 2 May 2015.
- ↑ Nach Baliye 7: Chetan Bhagat taken off the judges’ panel?. Retrieved on 6 May 2015.
- ↑ Nach Baliye 7: Sangram Singh and Payal Rohatgi quit to protest!. Retrieved on 10 June 2015.
- ↑ Error on call to Template:cite web: Parameters url and title must be specified. Retrieved on 15 July 2015.
- ↑ 'Nach Baliye 7': After Rashami Desai, Karishma Tanna-Upen Patel Accused of Cheating. Retrieved on 9 May 2015.
- ↑ Nach Baliye 7’s Karan Patel and Rithvik Dhanjani in legal trouble!. Retrieved on 16 July 2015.
- ↑ Star One launches star-studded dance show Nach Baliye.
- ↑ 'Nach Baliye' opens well for Star One.
- ↑ Meet the jodies of Nach Baliye 4. Retrieved on 7 January 2010.
- ↑ Deepshikha-Keshav are the first casualty of Nach Baliye 5.
- ↑ Shefali and Parag voted out again (4.57 PM IST 02.27.2013). Retrieved on March 4, 2013.
- ↑ Smita and Ankush eliminated from Nach Baliye 5.
- ↑ Deepshikha-Keshav are the first casualty of Nach Baliye 5.
- ↑ Shilpa Shetty cancels shoot to nurse son. Shilpa Shetty cancels shoot to nurse son. HindustanTimes.com (18:26 IST (14/2/2013)). Retrieved on February 16, 2013.
- ↑ Nach Baliye Shriman vs Shrimati ends in a tie. http://www.hindustantimes.com/. Retrieved on 9 June 2015.
- ↑ Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati in a tie. intoday.in. Retrieved on 9 June 2015.
- ↑ Rithvik Dhanjani and Asha Negi are Winners of Nach Baliye 6. Retrieved on 1 February 2014.
- ↑ Nach Baliye 6 results: Rithvik Dhanjani-Asha Negi beat Gurmeet Choudhary-Debina Bonnerjee!. bollywoodlife.com. Retrieved on 9 June 2015.
- ↑ Sharma, Paloma (11 November 2013). Review: Nach Baliye 6 needs more sizzle!. Rediff.com. Retrieved on 12 November 2013.
- ↑ Kareena Kapoor turns down the offer to judge Nah Baliye 7
- ↑ Vidya Balan to judge Nach Baliye 7?
- ↑ TRP Hungry Ekta copies Bigg Boss format for her upcoming dance reality show Nach Baliye 7
- ↑ Author Chetan Bhagat excited and eager to judge Nach Baliye 7
- ↑ It's True: Chetan Bhagat to judge Nach Baliye 7
- ↑ New twist in Nach Baliye 7: Get set for 'three much' fun.
- ↑ http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-nach-baliye-7-kunwar-amar-karanvir-bohra-salman-yusuff-khan-to-join-the-couples-as-tadka-2094716
- ↑ 'Nach Baliye 8 : Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya wins the celebrity dance show.
- ↑ Nach Baliye Season 8 Contestant List 2017 Host Judges TellySerialUpdates
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Nach Baliye, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.