Hi James - I wanted to reach out and let you know that while we're happy to host this wiki here, the articles you import from Wikipedia must be properly attributed to the original authors or contributors. A simple link to the contributor's user page on Wikipedia will suffice (since the original articles will have been deleted from Wikipedia). Our Licensing page has more info. Thanks! Jen Burton (help forum | blog) 20:38, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Jen, thanks for your input. I have a template for this, it is called (generated with the python script) with the last author (eg
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article User talk:H4ck3rm1k3, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- I am planning on going back and notifying all the wp contributors of the article and to also store each authors name on each article.
H4ck3rm1k3 20:49, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
- ps, http://pastebin.com/2Yafr0pX here is an example of the html that was produced.
- here are some screenshots
template chaos Edit
Hi. I sent you an email about this. Basically what is happening is you used the wikipedia-deletion template on a bunch of other templates. When you do that you need to put it in noinclude tags, like the documentation stuff, or it will get included every time the template is used; but you were just adding the template on to the end where it is included. Since some templates call multiple other templates, this can add up to a LOT of wikipedia-deletion notices on one page. What I was doing (you can check the diffs) was simply finding all the templates called from a page (and all the ones those templates called...) and moving the deletion template to be in the noinclude area.
You use a lot of templates!
You should be able to fix this yourself, but let me know if you have trouble. My guess is you need to just go through every template on the wiki and fix it as needed. -- Wendy (talk) 03:28, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I figured it out, I will fix this myself, thanks for the help!!
- H4ck3rm1k3 03:37, June 29, 2012 (UTC)