|This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
Melody Perkins (born January 28, 1974) is a German-born American actress, model and dancer, best known for her regular role as the villainess Astronema in the series Power Rangers in Space and Karone in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.
An accomplished dancer, Perkins has performed with the Sacramento Ballet Company and the Jazz Unlimited Dance Company. She also models, with clients which include Lands' End. She broke into acting during a modelling trip to Europe, making commercials in Italy and France. Nevertheless she has not abandoned modelling entirely, saying "I still do it when I can."
As an actress, Perkins' longest running role has been in the series Power Rangers in Space, playing the lead villain Astronema. She said of the role: "It's fun being the bad gal." Her character was known for her skin-tight costume.
Perkins returned to Power Rangers, this time as the reformed Karone, in the follow-up series Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy. She is the only person to have played the arch-enemy of the Power Rangers in one season and a Power Ranger in the next season. She replaced Valerie Vernon, who left to battle leukemia, as the Pink Galaxy Ranger. She has also voiced a monster in Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue.
Perkins has also appeared as a babysitter in Malcolm in the Middle, and also as an evil witch in an episode of Charmed, and in episodes of various other series. She has also appeared in a commercial for Allstate Insurance. Perkins retired from acting after she made a brief appearance in an episode of CSI. Miami in 2004.
In 2007, Perkins appeared on a cover for Let's Live magazine.
- Planet of the Apes (2001 film) (2001) as Friend at Leo's Party
- Coyote Ugly (2000) as New Coyote (uncredited)
- High Tide, "The Grind" (1995)
- Night Man, "Face to Face" (1997) as Lisa
- Silk Stalkings, "Child's Play" (1997) as Maid
- Power Rangers in Space (1998, series regular) as Astronema/Karone
- Power Rangers Lost Galaxy (1999, series regular) as Karone/Pink Galaxy Ranger #2
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue, "The Fifth Crystal" (2000) as Laser (voice, uncredited)
- Malcolm in the Middle, "Convention" (2000) as Patty Henderson
- Charmed, "The Power of Three Blondes" (2003) as Margo Stillman
- CSI: Miami, "Wannabe" (2004) as Barbara Nance
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Melody Perkins, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.