Melissa Data Corporation provides a suite of data quality solutions including software, cloud-based and programming tools for global and U.S. address verification, email validation, phone verification, and full name verification. The company also provides direct marketing solutions such as bulk mail software to qualify for postal discounts, list hygiene and NCOALink change of address processing, email, phone and demographic appends, and mailing lists. Melissa Data is based in Rancho Santa Margarita, California, and was founded by computer industry veteran Raymond Melissa, in 1985.
The company is based in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. It was founded by Ray Melissa (founder of Printronix) in 1985.
The early vision of the company was to help mailers verify addresses, append ZIP+4 codes and presort mailings for postal discounts.
In 1992, Melissa Data began offering a collection of consumer mailing lists to customers.
In 1993, the company developed MAILERS+4 - a USPS PAVE and CASS Certified bulk mailing software.
In 1994, the company launched a service bureau offering data hygiene and enhancement services to provide NCOALink change of address processing. Later, the company grew its services to include phone and email append, CASS processing and deduplication.
In 2005, Melissa Data developed data quality programming APIs that could easily be integrated into a customer’s applications, resulting in the launch of the Data Quality Tools Suite.
In 2006, MAILERS+4 was named a Top 100 Collection Technology Product by Collection Advisor magazine.
In 2009, Melissa Data was added to Information Difference’s Data Quality Landscape.
In 2010, Melissa Data announced the release of Data Quality Components for SSIS for Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
In 2012, Melissa Data added address, phone, IP, name and email check capabilities to Microsoft Windows Azure Marketplace. Melissa Data also partnered with Pentaho to provide contact data quality components for Pentaho Data Integration (PDI).
Also in 2012, Melissa Data was nominated by readers to the SD Times 100.
- ↑ "USPS Certification Programs" - Retrieved 2012-06-18
- ↑ "Affordable Data Quality Tops Melissa Data's Product Strategy" - Retrieved 2012-06-18
- ↑ [http://www.informationdifference.com/dq-landscape.html/ "The Data Quality Landscape - Q1 2012" - Retrieved 2012-06-18
- ↑ [http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=conewsstory&tkr=MSFT:US&sid=av9aezH.sQnw "Melissa Data Announces Microsoft SSIS Components for Data" - Retrieved 2012-06-18
- ↑ [http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/archive/2011/07/13/announced-at-wpc11-windows-azure-marketplace-powers-sql-server-codename-denali-to-deliver-data-quality-services.aspx "Announced at WPC11: Windows Azure Marketplace Powers SQL Server Codename “Denali” to Deliver Data Quality Services" - Retrieved 2012-06-18
- ↑ [http://www.pentaho.com/explore/pentaho-data-integration/ "Pentaho Data Integration" - Retrieved 2012-06-18
- ↑ [http://www.sdtimes.com/content/about-sdtimes100.aspx/ "SD TIMES 100" - Retrieved 2012-06-18
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Melissa data, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.