|This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
|This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2012)|
Meamar is an Iranian artist. He is currently based in the United States.
Meamar was born Ali Meamar in Ahvaz, Iran, in 1956. In 1982, he earned a Masters of Fine Arts in Interior Design and Sculpture from the Accademia delle Belle Arti of Florence, Italy.  He then went on to the Accademia d’Arte e Design Leonetto Cappiello of Florence, where he studied Graphic Arts under the guidance of the Master of the Frescoes.
During the course of his studies, Meamar attended a workshop with Salvador Dalí in Barcelona, Spain. This encounter had a profound influence on the young artist, who spent the next ten years exploring Surrealism. During that time, he exhibited his work in France, Switzerland, and Italy.
In 1985, Meamar moved to the United States. He currently resides with his wife and two daughters in the San Francisco Bay area.
Meamar started his career as a fresco painter, painting scenes from the Renaissance period or from Greek mythology on the walls of villas across the world, from Italy to the United States. However, in the last ten years, Meamar has been focusing on more abstract creations.
Meamar’s Original Collection is his latest body of abstract work. Using a print of one of his original frescoes as a primer, either on board or on canvas, he paints over that layer of his “past” with an original acrylic that represents his present.
- 2011 – Miami Red Dot Art Fair, Miami, FL
- 2010 – New York Art Expo, New York, NY
- 2007 – ABRA Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
- 2004–Present - Art People Gallery, San Francisco
- 1999 - Hilton Fremont, CA
- 1989 - Art Expo-Los Angeles, CA
- 1988 - Art Expo-Los Angeles, CA
- 1987 - Art Expo-Los Angeles, CA
- 1983 - Doddoit Gallery-Paris, France
- 1982 - Est O Vest Gallery-Rome, Italy
- 1982 - Burdek AC Gallery-Zurich, Switzerland
- 1982 - Russo Gallery-Rome, Italy
- 1981 - Traghetto Gallery-Venice, Italy
- 1981 - Center Comunitario-Florence, Italy
- 1981 - Center Open Art-Milan, Italy
- 1980 - Arttits ABA- Florence, Italy
- 1978 - Festival of Art-Florence, Italy
- ↑ Firouzeh Khatibi. شبکه های اجتماعی آثار هنرمندان ایرانی را گرد هم آوردند. BBC Persian. Retrieved on March 12 2012.
“Today’s Top Artists: Meamar,” in Art Business News, September 2010, pp. 20–21. “Meamar,” The Artful Home – The Guild Sourcebook of Residential Art (2004), p. 270 & 303. “Meamar,” The Sourcebook of Architectural & Interior Art 16 (2001), pp. 116–17 & 401. “Allen Meamar” by William Marshak, in What’s Happening, the Tri-City Magazine (Fremont, Newark, Union City), March 1999, pp. 2–3.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Meamar, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.