Matt Collins (born January 4, 1982) is an American political activist and former Vice Chair of the Davidson County, TN Republican Party. He is best known for his work with the Campaign for Liberty, the successful Senate campaign of Rand Paul, and the 2012 presidential campaign of Ron Paul.
Early political career
Matt Collins was elected as the Vice Chair of the Davidson County GOP in Tennessee on April 6, 2009. Collins tied for the chairmanship two days prior, but lost in the run-off. After some controversies over his erratic behavior, such as refusing to shake the hand of Rep. Zach Wamp, Collins was impeached and removed from his position by a 14-5 vote on November 24, 2009.
Work for the Paul family
Matt Collins was one of the early campaign workers for Rand Paul. According to Rand Paul, it was Collins' encouragement and loyalty that got him into the Senate race. Collins spent the campaign managing Paul's Facebook and Twitter accounts.
As a family insider though his work for the Rand Paul campaign, Collins was the first to break the news of Ron Paul getting into the 2012 Republican presidential primary race, after a failed bid in 2008. Collins, working as the official, paid Ron Paul campaign social media adviser, provided a needed link between the official campaign and its well-known loose internet-based grassroot supporters. Collins was prominent on many Ron Paul-supporting websites, providing rumors and passing along suggestions to Campaign Manager Jesse Benton. Collins planned many events, traveled around with Ron Paul and was often seen with him.
Aside from the Pauls, Matt Collins has advised multiple Ron Paul-style Republicans; including NC State Legislator Glen Bradley, Thomas Massie and Adam Kokesh. Matt Collins worked for WTN radio until, Collins claims, Dave Ramsey got him fired in 2011.
- ↑ RLC Member Wins Vice-Chair of Largest County GOP in Tennessee. Aaron, Republican Liberty Caucus, April 6, 2009.
- ↑ Matt Collins Booted By Davidson Co. GOP. C. S. Burks, C. S. Burks, Esq., November 25, 2009.
- ↑ Collins' Removal. Davidson County GOP, davidsoncountygop.org, October 28, 2009.
- ↑ Rand introduces two local supporters. Rand Paul, YouTube, July 10, 2009.
- ↑ Ron Paul WILL run in 2012?!. FAILocracy, YouTube, August 17, 2010.
- ↑ FEC Quarterly Filing Report. FEC, FEC.gov, 2011.
- ↑ Matt Collins' profile. Matt Collins, RonPaulForums, 2012.
- ↑ [www.youtube.com/watch?v=UljF1InNaes RON PAUL WINS NEVADA!!!]. matlarson10, YouTube, May 6, 2012.
- ↑ Matt Collins with Bradley. Matt Collins, GlenBradley2012.com, 2012.
- ↑ Matt Collins with Kokesh. Matt Collins, PhotoBucket, 2011
- ↑ Any Truth to Dave Ramsey got Matt Collins Dismissed from WTN?. del_griffith, RadioInfo, May 10, 2011
- ↑ Dave Ramsey Gets Ron Paul Supporter Matt Collins Fired. Bobby, DailyPaul, May 9, 2011
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Matt Collins, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.