|Food type||Coffee, Breakfast, Sandwiches, Fish and Chips, Pasties|
|Street address||Villiers Street|
|Postal code/ZIP||TS26 9DD|
Mary Lambert (often mistakenly called Mary Lambert's) is a well known bakery, café, fish and chip shop and restaurant in Hartlepool. It was founded in 1960 and celebrated its 50th anniversary Golden Jubilee in 2010. Its founder, Mary Ball (née Lambert) died in May 2012 at the age of 79. 
Mary founded the bakery in 1960 on Hartlepool Headland but she then moved it to West Hartlepool's York Road in the mid-1960s. It moved several more times to Park Road, Middleton Grange Shopping Centre and then finally to Villiers Street around Easter 2012. Three generations of the Lambert family have worked at the bakery. Mary's son eventually took over from her in the mid-1970s and his daughter is now a manager at the firm. The company celebrated 50 years by donating 50 cupcakes to the local Springwell School where another member of the Lambert family is a teacher.
The restaurant is also a training centre for food and hygiene qualifications and training after the manager recently acquired a prestigious training qualification in Food Hygiene as well as a BSc in food science from Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh.
On 12th April 2012 Hartlepool Borough Council awarded the restaurant a Food Standards Agency Food Hygiene Rating of 5 stars (Very Good). This includes ratings for Food Hygiene and Safety (Very High), Structural Compliance (Very High) and Confidence in Managment (High).
Mary Lambert Official Webpage.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Tributes paid to popular town bakery boss Mary". Hartlepool Mail. Tuesday 22 May 2012. http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/tributes-paid-to-popular-town-bakery-boss-mary-1-4570652. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- ↑ Mary Lambert: Obituary. Hartlepool Mail. 25th May 2012
- ↑ "Bakers celebrate golden jubilee". Hartlepool Mail. Wednesday 7 April 2010. http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/bakers-celebrate-golden-jubilee-1-1001258. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- ↑ Baking up a Treat at Mary Lambert. Frying Solutions.
- ↑ Winter 2011 Newsletter. Censis Chartered Accountants, Business Advisors and Tax Consultants. Page 3.
- ↑ Mary Lambert has been given a Food Hygiene Rating of 5 (Very Good) Hartlepool Borough Council.
|This restaurant-related article could benefit from further information. You can help us by expanding it.|
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Mary Lambert (restaurant), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.