Leonora Moore is a British stage and film actress and filmmaker, known her roles in the independent films Sparrow (2010) and Untitled (2011), both directed by Shaun Troke, and more recently for her lead role as Nikita in The Taiwan Oyster (2012), directed by Mark Jarrett.
Moore graduated from University of Oxford's Wadham College with a four-year Masters Degree in Physics, specializing in Astrophysics and Particle Physics. After graduating from the university, and being fluent in Japanese, she then lived in Japan and taught English language classes. While in Japan, she had a lead role in the Japanese feature film Birthday Transit. She traveled to Los Angeles to receive acting training before returning to England.
In 2009, Moore performed in theatre works The Sister's Walk, Tell Me, DMV Tyrant, Shampoo, and Stop Kiss for Black Box Theatre. She has participated in short films including Welcome to Minou (2009), Beyond my Blue River (2010), Spirit of the Forest (2010), and Extraction (2011).
- As Actress
- Welcome to Minou (2009) as Geisha
- Beyond my Blue River (2010) as Vea
- Spirit of the Forest (2010) as Spirit
- Dark Waters (2010) as Josey
- Sparrow (2010) as Pam
- Extraction (2011) as Operative
- Untitled (2011) as Leo
- East (2011) as Elva
- The Taiwan Oyster (2012)
- As filmmaker
- East (2011)
Twitch Film made note of Moore's performance in The Taiwan Oyster, and wrote that the onscreen chemistry between Billy Harvey and Leonora Moore "is at times breathtaking". Also toward that film, Don Clinchy of the Slackerwood website wrote that Moore did "a great job as Nikita, a smart, savvy woman who is a sober, grounding influence on her intemperate traveling companions."
Awards and nominations
- 2011, won 'Best Feature FIlm' at UK Film Festival for East (2011)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 staff (July 8, 2010). "Actress Leonora Moore Has Finished Shooting Two Features". The Crewe, Nantwich and Sandbach Guardian. http://www.creweguardian.co.uk/news/8260954.Sandbach_Actress_Hits_The_Big_Screen/. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- ↑ "Terror Has No Name in Untitled". 28 Days Later Analysis. http://www.28dayslateranalysis.com/2010/12/shaun-troke-developing-supernatural.html. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Jarzemsky, John. Reiew: THE TAIWAN OYSTER. March 11, 2012. Twitch Film. Retrieved on June 4, 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Moore, Leonora. Leonora Moore Q&A. leonoramoore.com. Retrieved on June 4, 2012.
- ↑ UK Film Festival 2011 Awards. webcite archive. UK Film Festival. Retrieved on June 5, 2011.
- ↑ Clinchy, Don. SXSW Review: The Taiwan Oyster. March 23, 2012. Slackerwood. Retrieved on June 4, 2012.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Leonora Moore, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.