He came to Toledo, Ohio in 1894 where he attended the Toledo Medical College, graduating with a medical degree in 1898. Talaska was appointed City Physician by then-mayor Brand Whitlock.[unreliable source?] Talaska was appointed as Superintendent of Toledo Contagious Hospital in January, 1910
- ↑ Toledo and Lucas County Ohio 1623 - 1923 P. 57-58 Vol. III Illustrated, Chicago and Toledo, The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1923
- ↑ "Soft-spoken doctor made house calls". The Toledo Blade. December 10, 1994. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat=19941210&id=woAUAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XQMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6641,3245424.
- ↑ Toledo Medical College Degree
- ↑ History of St. Anthony's Parish, Toledo, Ohio Anno Domini, Diamond Jubilee of St. Anthony's Parish 1882 to 1957 by F. S. Legowski, page 83; Archives: 419-244-6711
- ↑ Memoirs of Lucas County and the City of Toledo P. 319 Vol. II, Harvey Scribner, Madison, WI, Western Historical Association, 1910
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Leon S. Talaska, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.