Template:Multiple issues, found parameter #1 as "
...expected equal-sign: plot=y, or plot=May 2007.
Laurent “Slick” Cohen is a multi-genre producer and audio engineer based in Miami, Florida. While Laurent is best known for the single “South Side”, which he produced for Cash Money's Birdman on his upcoming album Priceless, the multi talented musician, DJ, and producer has been building a name for himself in the music industry for years.
The Paris, France native developed an affinity for music at a very young age, and he received classical training on several different instruments before eventually focusing his energy and talents into the guitar. After Laurent relocated with his family to Miami in the mid 1980s, he eventually received his first big break when he was selected to become the bass player for Island Records pop alternative singer Arlan Feiles. Laurent recorded several songs for Arlan’s second album, granting him the valuable opportunity of collaborating in the studio with highly acclaimed artist Joe Galdo of Miami Sound Machine, and legendary producer Tom Dowd
In 2004, Laurent teamed up with another local Miami producer Jacob Jones, and the pair started to co-produce under the name “Slick and Jones”. Shortly after, the team received recognition from Damon Dash, who used several Slick and Jones tracks on the popular TV show Ultimate Hustler on BET During the following years, Slick and Jones also co-wrote and produced “La Vida Cruel” for Tony Haze y Shaka Black on Warner Latina, which was released in the summer of 2006, and also began to work with Harlem based rapper NYCE. Slick and Jones’ collaborations with NYCE eventually caught the ear of the MTV award-winning director Life Garland, credited with hit videos for top artists such as Chamillionaire and Ying Yang Twins and he immediately signed on to direct NYCE’s hit video “Squat” (check out the video in the media section). From that time on, career milestones and projects began to pop up faster than ever.
Over the past couple of years, Laurent has enjoyed continued success, most recently producing the Birdman single "South Side" featuring Lil Wayne for his new album Priceless. Other recent productions include the Plies hit Family Straight on Da Realist (a heartfelt song for which the artist produced an official video…receiving thousands of web hits to date), and the title track on beloved and acclaimed reggae artist Jah Cure’s album The Universal Cure (SoBe Entertainment / Danger Zone Music Group). In 2008, he also worked with renowned author and multi-Grammy winning mastering engineer ""Bob Katz"", earning a published production assistant credit in Katz’s highly anticipated follow up to his best-selling book, Mastering Audio The Art and the Science 2nd Edition. Most recently, Laurent has teamed up with Grammy-winning producer DJ Infamous (best known for his work on Lil Wayne’s multi-platinum album Tha Carter III), and the two are working around the clock on future hits and opportunities. Stay tuned…
- Nelly feat. Sean Paul - "Giving Her the Grind" 5.0 (Universal Motown)
- Lil Wayne - "The Price Is Wrong" Rebirth (Cash Money/Universal)
- Lil Wayne - "I'm So Over You" Rebirth (Cash Money/Universal)
- Lil Boosie - "Calling Me" Incarcerated (Trill/Asylum)
- Birdman ft Lil Wayne - "Bring it Back" Priceless (Cash Money/Universal)
- Birdman ft Lil Wayne, Rick Ross & Mack Maine- "South Side (Remix)" Priceless (Deluxe Edition) (Cash Money/Universal)
- Birdman ft Lil Wayne - "South Side" (Cash Money/Universal)
- Lil Wayne - "Kobe" (Cash Money/Universal)
- Fat Joe - "Music" Jealous Ones Still Envy J.O.S.E. 2 (Terror Squad)
- Plies - "Family Straight" Da Realist (Big Gates/Slip-N-Slide/Atlantic)
- Jah Cure ft. Phyllisia - "The Universal Cure" Universal Cure (SoBe Entertainment/Danger Zone Music Group)
- Omara Portuondo "Noche Cubana (DJ Slick Remix)" Cuban Remix Project (Essential Media Group)
- Tony Haze y Shaka Black "La Vida Cruel" No Hay Mas Na Que Hablar (KGB Records/Warner Latina)
- Digital Jay (Co-Founder)
- WEJ Records (Co-Founder)
- Mixware (Co-Founder)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Laurent Cohen, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.