Born and raised in Jackson, Tennessee, Pritchard began writing songs when she was just 14 years old. She then moved to Los Angeles at 16, where she lived with Lisa-Marie Presley and tried to make it as a singer in a reggae band. She eventually succeeded as a musical actress, by originating and playing the role of the 15-year-old runaway "Ilse" in the hit Broadway show Spring Awakening for two years.
Pritchard later settled in the United Kingdom, and signed with Universal/Island Records. In August 2010 she released the single "Painkillers", and the song was also released in a remix with rapper Talib Kweli. Her debut album, Wasted in Jackson, written and produced with Eg White  was digitally released on October 25, 2010 and debuted at #84 in the UK. It is also scheduled for physical release in the US on February 22, 2011. Pritchard mentions Billy Joel, Joni Mitchell, Al Green and Candi Staton as some of the influences behind her music.
According to Lauren's Facebook, she is back in London recording her second album set to be out late 2012 to early 2013.
- ↑ "Lauren Pritchard Biography" Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- ↑ Cairns, Dan (25 April 2010). "Breaking act: Lauren Pritchard". The Times. http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article7104135.ece. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- ↑ Fitzpatrick, Rob (29 April 2010). "First sight: Lauren Pritchard". The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/apr/29/first-sight-lauren-pritchard. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- ↑ Painkillers - EP by Lauren Pritchard. Apple Inc.. Retrieved on 13 August 2010.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Wasted In Jackson CD. CD Universe. Retrieved on 26 October 2010.
- ↑ Lauren Pritchard interview by Pete Lewis, 'Blues & Soul' February 2011
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Lauren Pritchard (singer), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.