Lancope, Inc. is a provider of flow-based security and network performance monitoring solutions for global enterprises.
Lancope’s technology is based on the principal of monitoring for network anomalies versus known attacks. Instead of using signature updates, Lancope’s StealthWatch® System conducts sophisticated behavioral analysis on NetFlow, IPFIX, sFlow and other types of flow data to provide a holistic view of the network. From there, administrators can identify issues that may compromise security or performance – whether they originate from outside or inside the organization.
Lancope, Inc. is a provider of flow-based security and network performance monitoring solutions for global enterprises. Based in Atlanta, GA, the company was founded in 2000 by Georgia Institute of Technology professor, Dr. John Copeland.
Lancope holds four U.S. patents, as well as several more internationally. In addition to serving Global 2000 enterprises and government entities around the world, StealthWatch is also part of the Cisco Cyber Threat Defense Solution.
Today, Lancope is run by President and CEO Mike Potts. Potts brings more than 20 years of technology industry experience to Lancope, most recently serving as president and CEO of AirDefense.
Lancope offers several products as apart of their StealthWatch family, including:
- StealthWatch Management Console manages, coordinates and configures StealthWatch appliances and flow collectors to correlate security and network intelligence from StealthWatch components deployed at critical segments throughout the enterprise.
- StealthWatch FlowCollector leverages flow data to provide cost-effective, behavior-based network protection and high performance levels for distributed enterprise environments.
- StealthWatch FlowSensor identifies applications and protocols in use across the network and gathers packet-level performance statistics at a fraction of the cost of traditional probe-based devices. The FlowSensor is also available virtually.
- StealthWatch IDentity passively pulls user information.
- StealthWatch FlowReplicator receives network and security information from multiple locations and forwards it in a single data stream to one or more destinations.
Lancope’s marquee customers include, among others:
- BlueCross BlueShield
- AirTran Airways
- Stanford University School of Medicine
- U.S. Army
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Lancope, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.