The upcoming album by American recording artist Lady Gaga will be released by Interscope Records. The album was announced in mid 2011 while Gaga was undergoing preparation for her third concert tour, the Born This Way Ball. Recording began in mid-2011. During her tour, Gaga revealed that the title of the album will be announced in September 2012. Gaga has confirmed that a collaboration with Elton John will be on the album.
Background and development
In September 2011, Gaga stated that she had begun developing a new album while preparing for the Born This Way Ball. Later that year, Gaga revealed that she had begun the writing process for the record and that she had the album's concept and title. When asked what the album will sound like and what it will consist of, Gaga's frequent producer Fernando Garibay responded: "I get a little bit of anxiety thinking about that right now, I wanna just always try to outdo ourselves, our songs. They're already incredible songs. But I feel like she's so young, there's a lot of room to grow." He went on to say: "She's the perfect platform for me to express myself. You can do stuff with her that you can't do with anybody else. It's amazing."  In an interview with MTV, DJ White Shadow revealed that he will be apart of the album's production stating: "I think the main focus for her after this season is going to be prepping up for the show, and writing new songs for the record. [...] The kind of stuff that I send her, some of it is so crazy that I don't know what you'd call it. When I make stuff ... I know what's for her and what's not for her. Some of it's structured as songs and some of it is structured as madness, and she goes through it like a gold miner." 
In January 2012, Gaga revealed to The Insider about her plans to release an album in 2012 stating: "I just want to keep going. I'm not as goal obsessed as I am process obsessed. I just want to keep writing music. I'm looking forward to putting out another album and going on tour. I feel very blessed to be an artist who gets to make a living doing what I love."  In May 2012, Gaga's manager, Vincent Herbert, revealed that he heard the album's material and commented that they are "Just insane, great records."  The same month, Gaga revealed through her Twitter page that she played the record for her record company and that the album's title will be released in September 2012.
Confirmed and rumored collaborations
During her appearance on Alan Carr: Chatty Man, Gaga stated that she will be recording a duet with Elton John, stating: "My next duet, I believe, will be with Elton, I'm already working on my next album, and I played him a song that I wrote and he really loved it. I don't want to give anything [else] away!" 
- ↑ Montgomery, James. Lady Gaga 'Already Working' On Born This Way Follow-UpSinger's manager hopes Gaga will release next LP for free.. Viacom. MTV. Retrieved on 17 June 2012.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Vena, Jocelyn. Lady Gaga Says Next Album Is 'Beginning To Flourish' 'I have the name for it,' Gaga reveals to MTV News, while producer Fernando Garibay says they're hoping to 'outdo' Born This Way.. Viacom. MTV. Retrieved on 17 June 2012.
- ↑ Vena, Jocelyn. Lady Gaga 'Doing Prep' For Tour, Next Album 'She's always doing 25,000 things in a row,' DJ White Shadow tells MTV News of Gaga's 2012 plans.. MTV. Retrieved on 17 June 2012.
- ↑ Lady GaGa To Release New Album In 2012. Entertainment wise. Retrieved on 18 June 2012.
- ↑ Lady Gaga's manager promises singer will deliver an 'insane' third album. NME. Retrieved on 17 June 2012.
- ↑ Carley, Brennanan. Lady Gaga Teases New Album News. Rovi Corporation. Billboard. Retrieved on 17 June 2012.
- ↑ Vena, Jocelyn. Lady Gaga Reveals Elton John Duet For Next Album 'I played him a song that I wrote and he really loved it,' Gaga says on U.K. talk show.. Viacom. MTV. Retrieved on 17 June 2012.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Lady Gaga's third album, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.