Kindness House is an innovation of Philip Wollen's and the Winsome Constance Kindness Trust; it is an incubator for growing NGO's who "do things the trust can’t". Kindness House provides excellent office facilities with modern technology, enabling those within the building to work more efficiently. This means that they can leverage the available assets to become more effective.
As a high profile building in the heart of Fitzroy, Australia, Kindness House has over 10,000 cars pass per day including countless pedestrians and trams. It is located in one of the most prominent retail precints of Melbourne and within walking distance of Parliament House, Melbourne University and the CBD.
With several vegetarian / vegan restaurants nearby, it has over 50 individual self contained, private office suits, mail facilities, boardrooms, meeting and training rooms, high speed internet, toilets, showers with disability access, security, air conditioning, heating, security and bike storage.
An external feature of the building is the Kindness House "What's on Wall" promoting music, theatre and arts by young people.
Covering the humanitarian field, the vast array of initiatives embedded in Kindness House are diverse and astounding;
- Kindness Sans Frontières - Kindness without borders, crossing the borders of nations, cultures, religions AND species.
- Jane Goodall Institute - An internationally renowned wildlife, research and conservation society.
- The Wilderness Society Victoria - community-based environmental organisation protecting the forests across Australia.
- The Wilderness Society National - protecting the forests and the environment across Australia.
- Australian Wildlife Protection Council Inc - Coalition for Wildlife Corridors - A voice for wildlife.
- Sea Shepherd Conservation Society - protecting the oceans of the world and all marine animals that live in it.
- Animal Active - protecting urban wildlife in Victoria.
- Lawyers for Animals - lawyers who assist in drafting legislation to provide humane treatment of animals.
- Coalition for the Protection of Racehorses - CPR truthfully publicises the grim realities of the horse racing industry and demands an end to the cruelty inflicted on these majestic animals.
- The Brotherhood of St Laurence STEP program - providing employment and training for young people and refugees from Africa.
- Peace Brigades International - PBI Australia supports human rights and promote nonviolence to international field projects in Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico and Nepal.
- Blue Fin Action Group.
- Stop Animal Sacrifice.
- The Torch Program - outreach to the aboriginal community through theatre.
- The Australia West Papua Association - caring for the health welfare and education of refugees.
- Social Firms Australia (SoFA) - A not-for-profit company that create innovative employment options for people with a psychiatric disability.
- Vegetarian Victoria - health & ethics programs to encourage people to consume less animal products.
- Triathlon Victoria - promoting the rapid growth of Triathlon, a sport in which Australia is making a mark internationally.
- Zero Emission Minus - protecting the atmosphere from greenhouse gas and pollution.
- Australian Student Environment Network - a national environmental network of students active on their campuses and in their communities.
- Environment East Gippsland - the longest running community forest group protecting Victoria's last and largest area of ancient forest.
- Artists for Kids Culture (AKC) - a not for profit organisation that aims to increase kids' access to the arts
- Beyond Zero Emissons - facilitating the implementation of technology and social change that will reduce the impact of climate change.
- European Football Institute - taking squads of 28 elite young Australians to Europe to compete in soccer competition at the highest level.
- Wildlife Victoria - a 24 hour wildlife rescue organization.
- Greenpeace Australia Pacific - exposing global environmental problems.
- Edgar's Mission - A farmed animal sanctuary and education centre.
- Very Edible Gardens / Permablitz - creating edible gardens for the community.
- Rescued with Love - adoption program for small dogs.
- Yarra Climate Action Network - community environment action group.
- C8 (Palmera) - supporting sustainable humanitarian projects and knowledge transfer in India and Cambodia.
- RawCanCure - promoting compassionate living through healthy diet and behavior.
- Transition Town Yarra - promoting community collaborative action focusing on peak oil and climate change.
- Free the Bears - protect, preserve and save the bears.
- Plug In TV - A community initiative which helps to unite independent media producers with artists, educators and voices that might otherwise go unheard.
- Kindness KiDs - promoting health & ethics programs.
- Kindness House
- Winsome Constance Kindness Trust
- Radical Kindness: The Banker Who Gave It All Away - The Age: Article
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Kindness House, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.