|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (February 2009)|
|This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject, rather than references from independent authors and third-party publications. (May 2007)|
The Jewish Theatre Ensemble is an undergraduate student organization at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. It produces several theatre productions each year relating to Jewish themes, and sponsors a year-round Storytellers ensemble. Its shows perform on Northwestern University's campus, primarily in Shanley Pavilion and the Louis Room at Norris University Center.
JTE is recognized by Northwestern's Associated Student Government (ASG), Student Theatre Coalition (StuCo), and Fiedler Hillel Center.
It was founded in 1995, and 2008-2009 marks its 13th season.
The Jewish Theatre Ensemble exists to provide the Northwestern community with high quality entertainment and exposure to Jewish involvement in the arts. The organization aspires to challenge common perceptions and generate conversation relating to issues that fall within the resonance of the Jewish experience through artistic media with particular relevance to the Northwestern community. JTE will be involved in the celebration and education of Jewish culture on campus. In order to do this, The Jewish Theatre Ensemble will operate at a level of artistic excellence as well as encourage and support creative endeavors that promote Jewish themes in the arts.
- The House of Ramon Iglesia by Jose Rivera
- Seussical the Musical by Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens
- Bent by Martin Sherman
- 12 Angry Men by Reginald Rose
Some Past JTE Shows
- Steve Martin's Picasso at the Lapin Agile (May 2008)
- David Mamet's Romance (March 2008)
- HAIR (February 2008)
- Brooklyn Boy (November 2007)
- The Child of Sand (May 2007)
- An adaptation of The Giver (March 2007)
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (February 2007)
- The American Plan (October 2006)
- Address Unknown (April 2006)
- A Bright Room Called Day (March 2006)
- Children of Eden (February 2006)
- The Heidi Chronicles (October 2005)
- The Last Five Years (March 2005)
- Jesus Christ Superstar (February 2005)
- The Big Slam (October 2005)
- True West (March 2004)
- Cabaret (February 2004)
- Play It Again, Sam (October 2003)
- Little Shop of Horrors (February 2003)
- Luna Park and other Plays (October 2002)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Jewish Theatre Ensemble, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.