Who is Jay Blue Tape?
Jay Blue Tape is an urban farmer, a community organizer, a permaculture designer, a volunteer coordinator and garden educator. He has worked and trained with some of the world's most inspiring, creative and influencial people, including Starhawk, Geoff Lawton, Penny Livingston-Stark, Jim Loomis, the amazing volunteers at Hayes Valley Farm and the members of the Hayes Valley Neighborhood Association.
A co-founder of Hayes Valley Farm and 49 Farms, Jay has been involved with sustainable agriculture projects in rural and urban settings since the beginning of the century. In that time, Jay has traveled the world collaborating on farms and food gardens including City Farm in Chicago, a 14-acre farm and tropical food forest in Maui, and edible gardens in Miami; London; Sydney, Australia; Esteli, Nicaragua; and locations throughout California.
Jay currently serves on the board of the San Francisco Permaculture Guild and is actively building education and research programs focused on gardens, food and community throughout San Francisco.
Jay is now project director for The Fifth Sacred Thing Green Projects.
Organizations & Affiliations
- Hayes Valley Farm - Co-founder, Board of Directors
- 49 Farms - Co-founder, Director
- The Fifth Sacred Thing - Director of Green Projects
- Hayes Valley Neighborhood Association - Board Member, Recording Secretary
- Permaculture San Francisco - Board Member, Secretary, Volunteer Coordinator
- San Francisco Urban Agriculture Alliance - Platform Committee
- Earth Activist Training - Permaculture Instructor, Emerald City
- Permaculture Research Institute of Australia - Permaculture Design Course Teacher Training
- Urban Permaculture Institute - Training Assistant, Guest Instructor
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Jay Blue Tape, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.