Previously Abasov was First Deputy Minister of Agriculture from October 1997 to October 2004 and Minister of Agriculture from October 2004 to October 2013.
Early life and political career
Abasov also served as President of the Table Tennis Federation of Azerbaijan from December 2004 to February 2014.
Abasov was awarded with the Medal of Honour (Shohret) for his contribution to the development of the agrarian sector of Azerbaijan on May 23, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: İsmət Abasov|
- ↑ "Kənd təsərrüfatı naziri İsmət Abbasov Ermənistana gedir [Minister of Agriculture Ismat Abbasov to go to Armenia]". Milli.az. 9 May 2010. http://www.milli.az/news/politics/10503.html. Retrieved 29 October 2010.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments. World Leaders. Central Intelligence Agency. Retrieved on 14 December 2013.
- ↑ "Azerbaijani Minister 'Happy' To Return To Yerevan, His Hometown". RFE/RL. 14 May 2010. http://www.rferl.org/content/Azerbaijani_Minister_Happy_To_Return_To_Yerevan_His_Hometown/2042017.html. Retrieved 29 October 2010.
- ↑ Azərbaycan Respublikası nazirlərinin təyin edilməsi haqqında AZƏRBAYCAN RESPUBLİKASININ PREZİDENTİNİN SƏRƏNCAMI. Retrieved on 13 January 2011.
- ↑ http://www.president.az/articles/11789
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article wikipedia:en:Ismat Abasov, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.